Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez didn't fear penalty after Jorge Lorenzo collision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez didn't fear penalty after Jorge Lorenzo collision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez didn't fear penalty after Jorge Lorenzo collision

Marc Marquez says he wasn’t worried that his hard overtake on title rival Jorge Lorenzo at the end of Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race would result in a penalty from Race Direction. Marquez snatched a last gasp second with a bold braking move at the final corner that gave him the outright lead in the world championship. Factory Yamaha rider Lorenzo though was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@SATURN

will it be on the itv player thingy???  another goodie if you can find it, and are into 4 wheeled motorsport, is F1 the killer years focuses on the stewart, lauda, hunt era. epic stuff!!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

crying a river

Again my memory perhaps fails me in my old age, doubting T. I recall no vociferous opposition being gathered by Rossi during most of his glittering career, but rather universal appreciation and acclamation, until relatively late in his career when a rider or two became genuinely competitive with him, creating far more whinging and petulance in an element among his fandom than was ever displayed by the riders concerned or their fans.

I think Valentino, as opposed to MM, is possibly the safest rider there has ever been, and his passes have generally been  things of beauty perfectly conceived, set-up and executed, and seldom if ever of the crudeness of MM's Lorenzo pass. I except the Gibernau last corner Jerez pass from this, the only move of his career I would label unequivocally dirty.

I don't have much problem with MM's race riding. I would see the recent incident as crude but similar to Pedrosa -Simoncelli and Stoner -Bautista, with blame allocated according to the perception of and status of the riders concerned, with Stoner deservedly copping  criticism for hypocrisy given his previous public stance and the circumstances of that particular week-end.

I don't see any defence for some of MM's practice incidents though, particularly the attempted murder-suicide involving Willairot.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Interesting DF

I'm sure even when he was winning Rossi was building an opposition. It's the way of the world.

Anyway, speaking of TV, toad, saturn, looks like BT has got the deal from 2014 on.

www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/BT+Sport+to+bring+MotoGP+to+British+audiences+from+2014

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

BAD TIMES INDEED!  My old dear bought BT b-band on 4th april.  The guy states that you can be "online in 48 hours"! the BT guy unplugged my B-band (i live opposite my mum) and she still has no interweb!!  i am no holding my breath!!!!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

ToadHancocks

The Unrideables is available on the ITV player.

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

cheers mate, that'll pi$$ the missus off later!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices