Skip to content

Discuss This Staff blog: A lecture from the rozzers First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff blog: A lecture from the rozzers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Staff blog: A lecture from the rozzers

You might think your licence would be safe on a scooter but I’ve already been in trouble with the rozzers a week after picking mine up.   The Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS Executive has two automatic modes: Drive and Power. The latter is surprisingly, addictively brisk.   Pulling out of a petrol station on the way to work yesterday morning, I glanced over...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 352 days ago (08 May 2013 12:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davetrousers

Aug 02

davetrousers says:

SMIDSY

Sorry mate I didn't see you.  Oh the irony.

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

improve your riding or die

doubly so in London. Not seeing a police car is very, very poor obs.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

If you can't even spot a police car, you're not riding safe. When getting on a bike, start your brain before the engine. :)

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Shit happens.......

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

No officer

I thought it said sarcastic cockney twat! The problem is everything has that stupid high vis on the back for highway maintanence, traffic womblea, paramedics, it all just blends in. No doubt the 50 used to be a 60

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Sarcastic twats! Obviously if the guy saw you, he'd have slowed down right?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Can see how it could happen, when riding in London you tend to be looking for the gaps or whats going on in frount of you, not so much about what your leaving behind.

I am impressed you managed to get up to 70mph anywhere inside the M25 while on the way to work  :-)

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Ah well...

Nevermind.... but I thought it said "ECILOP"........you need to get your sign writers onto that...

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

You bloody idiots

All you idiots posting sarcastic comments about the copper and slating him. Are you for real?!?! For God's sake. This dude broke the law, and the copper was leniant and understanding. What if for example he follows MCN and sees a load of bell ends like you lot slating him anyway?!?! Might not be so leniant in the future. For God's sake.

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Good policing

The rozzer made his point well, the rider is suitably admonished and, crucially, has a positive attitude change which should result in better, safer riding. Good policing. Contrast with: Hiding down the road from a junction where commuting bikers are likely to exceed 35mph as they pull away from the lights and hand out 3pts indiscriminately. Result: said commuters now hate the police and ride faster/more selfishly &/or aggressively to vent their frustration. Less safe for all road users. Bad policing but it happens all the time. They know it as well.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle