Skip to content

Discuss This Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London tomorrow (Thursday). But with a lot of people not subscribed to BT's tv channels at the minute, there's a lot of apprehension. So we want to know how...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 14:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
souroush

Nov 11

souroush says:

&%$£%^"*

If you have lived in the UK and have dealt only once with BT , you know what a mess they are in . Have to say goodbye to Motogp next year .

Reply to this Topic
Morbius5

May 13

Morbius5 says:

Can't get BT Vision here and can't afford to switch to Sky to pick it up. Don't know what I'm going to do about next year but I might have to switch my focus to World Superbikes.

Reply to this Topic
Garfey

Mar 13

Garfey says:

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than subscribe to BT's TV channels.. guess me and my friend 'the Internet' will be watching it elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene76

May 13

Sheene76 says:

Well i too will NOT be paying for BT. I will do what i do for all sporting events on pay per view channels, watching via the Internet. Live streaming is the way i watch sporting events from all over the world. Shame the BBC is losing out as i enjoy Cal taking the Mickey out of Matt Roberts each weekend!! Though i won't miss Cox and Parrish's inane, inaccurate ramblings on all subjects except from what's happening on the track. Though i prefer them to Ryder and Moody.....

Reply to this Topic
Victor9098

Jan 08

Victor9098 says:

Hypocrites

I thought the point of shifting from Eurosport to BBC was to try make sure coverage was 'free to air' by default? Now this? I would like to know what this means for Eurosports coverage, especially since we do not have BT here in Ireland and BBC/Eurosport is what we rely on. Personally I don't bother with the BBC coverage, but at least there was a degree of choice. I guess that means paying for MotoGP coverage via MotoGP.com...better find me somewhere with decent broadband to watch on race days though.

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Insane

I left BT a couple of years ago for good reason. I'll not be going back. I'll just have to watch it 'after the event' on Eurosport. BT can suck one.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

Is Eurosport losing it too?

I don't like BT or any of their services (having had bad experiences with them countless times)and moved phone and internet away from them, as their customer service stinks. From a personal perspective I hope Eurosport keep some coverage rights as they have decent journalists, who know the sport, but I think Dorna have s**t on the British public by taking the free to view option out of the equation. I hope the BT coverage turns around and bites Dorna on the arse, if the quality of their other services are anything to go by it will.

BAD MOVE

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Dorna

really screwed up here. Did they not think it improtant to get any idea of subscription rates before offering exculsivity to one channel? Quick way to kill the brand guys. Or do they jsut want everyone to have to buy a motogp.com season pass to watch online?

Reply to this Topic
skarecrow29

Apr 08

skarecrow29 says:

BT Sport will be available on Sky

Looks like BT sport will be available on Sky, you will need to call BT to subscribe as it will not be available as part of any Sky package and BT have not said how much it will cost yet. Just for comparison when they do come up with prices, you can get a full season Video pass on MotoGP.com for £85 (or the multi screen for about £135)for the year that's about a £5 (or £7.50) a race meeting. I hope Eurosport will be able to continue with there coverage (All practice, Qualifying and races Live with MotoGP delayed) much better than BBC with all on the Red button except the MotoGP race and then everything gets bumped if there's a game of snooker or a tennis match somewhere. (and you can't record the red button if your out on your bike).

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

dont buy it.

there are many sites where you can watch all the bike racing streamed online so why pay for it.

ok its not 100% at times but its better than forking out stupid amounts of money each month.i ditched sky over a year ago and saved over £60 a month since. do the same no need to pay for it anymore.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices