Skip to content

Discuss This Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London tomorrow (Thursday). But with a lot of people not subscribed to BT's tv channels at the minute, there's a lot of apprehension. So we want to know how...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 14:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

BBC let down

I pay for SKY television so I can watch WSB and BSB and thats my choice. BBC is another matter I am forced to pay £145.00 to watch a load of junk and help pay for Chris Moales and Jonathon Rosses wages and pension fund. The sooner the BBC is scrapped the better. DORNA is ruining MOTOGP because of its incompetence and greed. I just hope WSB doesnt go the same way   

Reply to this Topic
FLATTRACKER

Dec 04

FLATTRACKER says:

Eurosport?

BT have the rights to "live" MotoGP, as long as Eurosport still has coverage in some form I'm ok, lucky enough to have Virgin cable. If it is solely on BT, then I'm buggered.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Your Loss Dorna

Some excellent comments so far....No subcriptions or pay TV for me...they can shove it where the sun doesnt shine!! ,  Dont give in to their blackmail, its not like MOTO GP is 'edge of your seat' excitement in any case.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I havn't got Sky or BT, I have got dozens of crap Freeview channels with very little worth watching. But I do watch or record Moto GP and watch the Moto 2 and 3 on channel 301 in the morning which not many people I speak to know about. But if it goes to BT, then I'll just be reading the results in MCN because I'm not paying any more for any TV coverage. Dorna, are you reading these comments???  Not one in favour!!!

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Clearly a lot of you guys don't live in the real world F1/Moto GP and anything else for that matter is about making money,for everyone that won't/can't pay there will be another that will,when Sky started the F1 channel the idea didn't impress me,but boy they've done a great job and it's a shame they haven't done the same with MotoGP.

The inconvience for me is BT,if it means going to BT to view  then I'm out,if SKY do a deal to show it via BT then I'll consider it depending on price.

The days of getting stuff for free are gone,Dunlop or Michelin don't give free tyres away why should Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

no way

like satnav,but will not even read about it,thats it,just like the boxing went to sky..don`t follow boxing any more so won`t follow moto gp..we pay way to much now for the bbc now...won`t pay BT the rip off company..and i bet you will get the poxy adds too,thats why i like the bbc no poxy adds..

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Charging forward to fewer spectators

The team sponsors are in it to get air time for their logo's. The circuit sponsors are involved to get air time for their logo's At the moment they have the maximum amount of uk spectators due to the UK TV licencing laws. Going to BT tv will simply make sponsor take note and demand lower sponsorship rates because viewer numbers are down. I currently have BT broadband/ landline and will probably ask for free subscription to BT tv next year (it's over the tie in period now). If I don't get it I may go elsewhere but I ain't paying additonal for BT tv next year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ossaman

Mar 13

ossaman says:

Moto GP move to BT.

I for one will not pay for BT or Sky & thats if !

As for waching TV in general about 90% is reality, repeats or just pain crap &  £145.50 to keep that lot of

cigar smoking champagne drinking, child molesting, high pension ridden jollies in good stead is a joke

& it's on us!!!!

Reply to this Topic
adrianbailey66

Jul 11

not got a choice, cant get bt infinity where we live,so thats no rugby or motogp next year! anyone know if eurosport will show the 3 classes after the live event?

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

I remember when Dorna awarded BBC with the rights to show MotoGP, they said this was to allow coverage to everyone due to it being screened on terrestrial TV and not limited to people having to subscribe to a particular TV provider. It appears now they have gone back on this. I for one will not be taking out a BT subscription to view MotoGP, so bye bye to MotoGP and all their sponsors. Only thing I'm upset about is the brilliant job Euro Sport have done over the years, even when they where not allowed to show the main race live. Thank you Euro Sport..........Not BBC and definitely not BT..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices