Skip to content

Discuss This Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London tomorrow (Thursday). But with a lot of people not subscribed to BT's tv channels at the minute, there's a lot of apprehension. So we want to know how...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 14:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mxi339z

May 11

mxi339z says:

I watched F1 for years but wont line the pockets of that Aussie, now this, its a joke, I have 100 channels of crud I dont want to watch and the stuff I do gets more and more hidden behind a pay-wall. Oh and its not on Eurosport next year either. Gonna spend more time on my bike and wont bother going to local races either next year. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/190997/1/eurosport_disappointed_by_dornas_change_of_strategy.html

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

No. It'll make UK riders getting into motoGP as hard as it used to be too. Scott Reading can kiss a motoGP ride goodbye now as there isn't going to be sponsorship money coming from the UK any more. Why would a company sponsor a sport that can't be seen by most of the people they want to advertise to?

Reply to this Topic
ImperialManiac

Nov 12

Dammit Cal

Cal's twitter feed of late is him pretty much kissing BT's arse. Urgh, doesn't he realise that it's going to damage the sport. Every time a piece of media goes behind a paywall people will just steal it instead-look at how much game of thrones is being torrented. It's not going to do the sport any good at all. It's all the more sad Cal is promoting it because it means he's less likely to get a factory bike :/

Reply to this Topic
weejeemy

Oct 09

weejeemy says:

Pay tv?

Don't care what deal BT come up with - I will not pay more than I already do to watch any sport. Moto GP will disappear because of this deal.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

Another rip off for the public.

I wont be paying another subscription to watch it.

probabaly dispose of my Virgin cable channels too getting too expensive..

Greed rules again..

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

it's not good for the majority of people in UK, but i looked into it and luckily for those on BT Infinity the bt channel will be free. but yeah, if you're not on bt infinity then it's £12-15 per month

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

oh wait, it includes bt broadband that isn't infinity too

Reply to this Topic
tonydoc903

Mar 09

tonydoc903 says:

British Gp.

Looks like next years British gp might be the lowest attended in years, due to what people are saying at the moment. I've just signed upto talk talk for the next 2 years so i'am screwed anyway. Just happy itv is showing BSB and the TT. Looks like all my spare cash will be going thataway.

Reply to this Topic
zepmon

Apr 13

zepmon says:

WSB it is then!

I WILL NOT PAY TO WATCH ONE SPORT!

I just hope dorna doesn't do the same with wsb in 2015 when the current eurosport deal expires!!

HOPE ITS A MASSIVE FLOP!

Reply to this Topic
zepmon

Apr 13

zepmon says:

WSB it is then!

I WILL NOT PAY TO WATCH ONE SPORT!

I just hope dorna doesn't do the same with wsb in 2015 when the current eurosport deal expires!!

HOPE ITS A MASSIVE FLOP!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices