Skip to content

Discuss This Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London tomorrow (Thursday). But with a lot of people not subscribed to BT's tv channels at the minute, there's a lot of apprehension. So we want to know how...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 14:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zepmon

Apr 13

zepmon says:

also I will not be forced to get bt anything, as the tv service is shite and the internet service is shite!

im just glad I had the chance to see the golden age of the gp from 1990 until now I have never missed a race, but if they want me to pay then im fine to let them keep a sport that has become very stale in the past few years.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Ask the sponsors what they think

Dorna are eating the goose that lays the golden eggs, one foot and wing at a time.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

MCN reporters should

corner Dorna officials at the next MotoGP and SBK rounds and show them these poll figures and the comments given, by your readers, in every article you've posted about this deal. Show them the anger at their money grabbing ways and how disliked they are in the UK now. If they want to build the brand in the UK this is not the way

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MCNGuyP

May 09

MCNGuyP says:

Ask the sponsors?

The British ones you mean? Like, er.... um... er.... Unfortunately I don't think Repsol or Aperol or TIM or Facom or antoniolupi will lose any sleep about losing MY business

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Give it 2 years when the cost off there deal is biting them in the ass as no ones switching to them .. it will be back on eurosport under licence..

Its unbelievable that in the current climate when a lot of folks money is tight they thought it would be a good idea to do this..

Reply to this Topic
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

BT moto gp

We live in the Isle of Man and don't have BT lines so how are we supposed to watch it!!!! Thanks BT!!!!

Reply to this Topic
HarrisonDew

Jun 10

HarrisonDew says:

Who has BT anyway?

Pointless concept in my eyes as whats the point of switching out for Bt's tv when Eurosport player is only £2.99 a month and you get a hell of a lot more coverage with them guys, plus you can watch it on IPhone and IPad free now. Wo has Bt anyway? I dont think i know anyone? Virgin got in there first and have done so much better. Sky was the downfall of professional boxing. Bt don't follow in toe.

Reply to this Topic
HarrisonDew

Jun 10

HarrisonDew says:

oh dear.

Take back what I said, just read that Eurosport are't getting anything too. Thats it were all F***ed.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Rip off bt

Come on mcn,the result of the poll says everything here,it's unanimous get a petion up & running with a whole heap of signatures against this deal & present the findings to dorna at the British moto gp race later this year,show them how annoyed we are about this.ill definitely not pay bt to watch, jake Humphrey might be ok as a presenter, but Clare balding ,not a chance.i could easily just go online & do a subscription to bt,,but I've no interest in football cricket horse racing so not paying £160 to use a channel 5 months of the year,so ill subscribe to moto gp.com & get what I want

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

The BT sports channels are on Sky! Channels 413 and 414. So what was that about not having BT? Do some research before speaking FFS!!! What I do not know is whether it'll be for subscribers only. If it is then I'll not pay BT a single penny and I suggest no one else does either. Then they'll be forced to either A: Make it free or B: Give the rights back to Eurosport or the BBC.

Paying to watch it no matter how much you love the sport is just playing into their hands and forces others to pay to watch it. Just do not pay is my advice. They can't pay out millions of pounds to screen it if there are no subscribers. If only we'd all stick together we can beat them. But as usual you'll all just pay it and it'll be even more expensive next year!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices