Skip to content

Discuss This Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London tomorrow (Thursday). But with a lot of people not subscribed to BT's tv channels at the minute, there's a lot of apprehension. So we want to know how...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 14:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Dying Sport

Motor sport is dying due to rules  / regs stating that everyone must use the same tyres / fuel  the same size split pins etc.  F1  tyres last 4 laps.   At least a couple of riders get duff tyres at every Moto GP meeting.

The F1 and Motor GP races are a complete cure for insomnia.

And the embarresment of watching ex champions being ignored on the starting grid is painfull.

Reply to this Topic
apriliarsv998

Jul 05

If you have BT Broadband you get BT Sport for free. That includes all the rugby, football and MotoGP that BT currently have. 

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

I hope the sponsors realise now that the motogp will reach maybe 10% of its past customers and cut their advertising budgets accordingly, this is a huge mistake by dorna,  still if all the sponsors cut their budgets back to reflect the quantity of those watching on tele at least it will get rid of the ridiculous 2 races in 1 we currently have because all teams will only be able to afford CRT's

Reply to this Topic
Jawaman

May 13

Jawaman says:

More Road Racing

As has been mentioned by others here, F1 and motoGP has become a bit of a bore fest. Both sports just don't translate well onto the oul box.

Road racing on the other hand - Get the BBC to film the races in HD, IOM TT and NW200, proper exciting racing, bit of pre race coverage, interviews with some real characters

Reply to this Topic
Batfink1975

May 04

Batfink1975 says:

Thats me out

Well I don't have or want Sky or BT broadband, so that's the end of my support for MotoGP. When WSB and BSB went to satellite I stopped watching and going to those races. The same now applies to MotoGP - if I can't follow the distant races live on tv, I won't go to the events accessible to me and will spend my money elsewhere, rather than on events and merchandise for something I can't watch. I grew up watching the likes of Barry Sheene and Randy Mamola on BBC coverage, sorry but the modern events aren't as entertaining and don't warrant the huge costs involved in obtaining access to this coverage. Good luck Cal, but sorry I won't be able to support next year. I will be out on my own bike on Sundays now.

Reply to this Topic
polhouse

Sep 05

polhouse says:

£15 a month

£15 a month, no way.  They might throw in the football for that, but they would have to pay me more than that to watch those over paid primadonnas.

May they all rot in hell, and by the way, to the person who commented below (ratchetman), neither Jonathan Ross, nor Chris Moyles work for the BBC anymore.  Just blame BT for bidding good old BBC out of the market with the profits they make from the telephone network we all pay for in one way or another.

Reply to this Topic
SanMiguel

Aug 02

SanMiguel says:

BEMSEE on BBC

They could start showing BEMSEE or Thunderbikes GB instead!! the crashes are more frequent and it would get more money into UK grass roots racing.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

It was good while it lasted. At least Channel 4 or 5 will be doing the TT coverage this year. Please don't tell me they've sold out to.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

well its gone to bt anncounce today 

so that motogp fooked for british fans as im not paying to watch it and also esp as it started to get a non biking following as most of my office watch it and im the only biker was a good show bbc real shame you let it go wasnt the 1st round the most watch program on sunday on the bbc?

Reply to this Topic
triskellion

Mar 09

triskellion says:

No

For one thing we do not BT broadband on the Isle of Man and I certainly will not consider paying £15 per month to watch something that is not very exciting at all. I watched the "unrideables" about the 500 gp's last night and that was very, very exciting full of characters and side by side racing! Moto GP has become boring boring boring with hardly any bikes on the grid, they need to be trying to encourage people to watch rather than forcing them away. Money destroys sport aprreciation for the masses, it was the same with the Ashes cricket and the Ryder cup. More BSB and other more exciting classes would go down well so come on BBC and ITV? 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices