Skip to content

Discuss This Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is MotoGP's move to BT a good idea?

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London tomorrow (Thursday). But with a lot of people not subscribed to BT's tv channels at the minute, there's a lot of apprehension. So we want to know how...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 14:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phornsey

Nov 09

phornsey says:

Of all the pay per view options available Dorna decided to use BT !!! There must have been a lot of money changing hands for that to happen as the subscription rates are currently very low, will be interesting to see the pricing information when it arrives. I am another who has had bad dealings with BT like most I would guess so won't be going back to them ever, fingers crossed WSBK doesn't go the same way now its ran by dorna too !!

Reply to this Topic
col675

Jan 13

col675 says:

Moto gp has gone to sky in Italy . Italia 1 have won the contract to show wsb free to air for the next 3 years . Get a motorised satellite dish , F1 , moto gp , bsb , wsb you name it all available free to air and it is legal . Don't bend over like the rest of the sheep and get sky - you don't need it .

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Moto GP down the pan

Well done Dorna, end of Moto GP in this country. At least we still have World Supers, for now.

Reply to this Topic
BSA350

May 13

BSA350 says:

Express your views to....

tvproduction@dorna.com

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Beautiful piece of marketing by BT

They make Dorna an offer they can't refuse and then get us silly mugs to pay for it. Nice.

Of course if we boycott BT it'll backfire on them. I'm sure there are alternatives to subscribing to BT. It may mean watching the racing after the event so to speak, similar to the arrangment Eurosport currently has for the big boys race, but I can live with that. F*CK BT.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

The problem is BT internet customer service is so bad, if you're not already on it, you won't be going there. Shame, but I'll be kissing motoGP goodbye.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

A massive mistake

In a time when we have less money in our wallets I for one will not be getting BT vision, so that for me is it. I have been a fan since the 80's and I am extremely dissapointed.

Reply to this Topic
polhouse

Sep 05

polhouse says:

I don't have Sky (and will not hand my hard earned money to them) and a shit broadband connection, so that is it for me. Dorna taking the short term gain again.  I'm sure any chance of UK based sponsorship for the teams has gone from slim to none now too.  I hope BT make a loss on their investment.  I'll probably just go to more BSB events or even club racing in person then to get my bike racing fix 

Reply to this Topic
wacca1

Feb 09

wacca1 says:

Such a disappointment

I do look forward to Moto GP but I certainly am not willing to pay to watch it on TV. 

I certainly will not pay £85 to attend the British Moto GP after my last experience.

BSB has better racing and is far better value if you wish to attend.

Dorna are simply in it for the money - they will not get any of mine.

Reply to this Topic
prdh

Jun 11

prdh says:

S*it!

F*cking brilliant, I don't want let alone can afford Sky or this BT vision. I have already lost 1/2 the Formula 1 races live to Sky and now I'm going to loose all of Moto GP to BT. I just hope that they show highlights like they do with the BSB. If they think they are going to force me to pay them to watch Moto GP and such then they have another thing coming.

The only up side is I can go for a ride and get away from the money grabbing F*ckers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices