Skip to content

General Minimum ride-out time before you can arsed to get the bike out General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Minimum ride-out time before you can arsed to get the bike out

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

Minimum ride-out time before you can arsed to get the bike out

After reading occasional posts from people about getting the bike out for 25 minutes of riding, I got to thinking what would be the minimum time/distance you would need to ride for before you could be arsed to make the effort to get the bike out, gear on etc (excluding commuting trips and essential usage to the shops etc etc).

For me, my can- be-arsed minimum is about 3 hours. Any less seems hardly worth it.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 347 days ago (08 May 2013 15:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

got to take your chances when they come

and with 2 small children and parents who both work full time, if i waited for 3 hours ride outs i'd never ride!

Having said that the effort to go out demands at least 45mins/70 miles:smile

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

40 mins.

We are lucky in that there are fantastic country roads within 10 mins of us, so 40 mins is enough to get out, 'feed the habit' and come back grinning. :smile

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Varied with where I lived

In my current place, ggod roads are 10mins away. When I lived in Stoke it took the best part of an hour to get out of the bloody place and past dithering potters on the backroads. From there the run to Buxton was ace though.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Any time

I often used to get the bike out, just to ride from Uttoxeter to Ashbourne on the A515.  (Before the 50 limit went up)
It was a round trip of about 25 miles. (But it took a lot less than 25 minutes :wink:)

That effort was always put a smile on my face before I went to work.

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

30 mins

But then I live on a great road so I'm hooning as soon as the tyres are warm.

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Chica

50 limit ???

When did that go up :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

one

One mile. Couple of times iv'e got the bike out to go to the post office about a mile away. Only in summer and min togs (i know i should put my coat of armour on blah blah blah) :doubt:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

min distance for bike

Probably about 2 miles, any less and I'll walk it. Only ever consider using a car (bleuurgh!) if I have to pick up a fair amount of stuff or take the dogs/ multiple people somewhere. For me a car is something you use to sit in traffic jams/ every bit of congestion watching your life vanish from you.

Bikes are my natural form of transportation and I only wear full leathers on the race track.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

SOMETIMES

I TAKE IT TO THE LOCAL MINI SUPERMARKET WI ME FLIP FLOPS N VEST/SHORTS REAL STEADY ITA ABOUT  1/4 OF A CLICK N I DONT CARE ! ITS A JOY TO BE ON THE OLD GIRL :huh:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

depends

on my mood - but 20 minutes will do if it's all I can fit in on a particular day

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle