You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > pressure

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

PaulDutch

Aug 09

PaulDutch says:

pressure

Hi, strange thing happened over last few days...was gonna go out on my bike over the weekend, took it off the paddock stand and saw the rear tyre was flat,(only rode it 2 days beforehand)so put it back on the stand and pumped it up to 32psi.Checked it that evening and psi was 32psi still,checked it over next two days and still 32psi, went for a little ride around town and when I got back 35 psi.....(tyres have green stuff in for over a year now)....:wacko:any ideas.?:huh:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 350 days ago (08 May 2013 16:18)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

green stuff

there's your answer...........check your tyre and remove said item before it becomes a problem................oh and get a new tyre asap:wink:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

What bike/tyre?

Tubed? ...then that'll be Slime, an added self sealant, best check the tyre for damage, then replace the tube.

Tubeless?.......well that's just wrong, what sort of tyre damage could that be hiding :shock:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Pressure and temperature.

Hold on chaps, the mention of tyre sealant has led you down the wrong path, I think. The pressure went up by 3psi after a run around town.

Friction between tyre and road has heated the tyre air and made it expand, increasing the pressure.

Reply to this Topic
Arthurshandy

Mar 13

Arthurshandy says:

Heat

The rise in pressure by a few degrees is expected. It is heat build up increasing the air pressure. That's why you check your tyre pressures "cold". The pressure will change as the ambient temperature changes. Recently my tyre pressures went up from one weekend to the next. The ambient temperature had gone up noticeably in recent days. You should check them before every ride and while you're at it a quick glance in case a screw was picked up the previous ride. 

The advice by the other guys re sealant is sound in my book. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

valve?

After checking it for punctures, check the valve isn't leaking. Had a new tyre which was fine for a few days then suddenly lost pressure due to a leaking valve.

Reply to this Topic
PaulDutch

Aug 09

PaulDutch says:

Thanks All....

Thanks to all replies...

Since the problem/deflation I have done a few trips 2 up and fully loaded and the tyre was fine. So bit of a strange one.... Thanks again....:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle