Skip to content

Discuss This Staff Blog: Daily smiles from CBR500R First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff Blog: Daily smiles from CBR500R

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Calton  says:

Staff Blog: Daily smiles from CBR500R

My only fear with Honda's CBR500R was whether it would be a little too tame and that I'd get bored with it all-too quickly. Just over a month and 1000 miles in I can categorically state that I'm still loving the little twin and it's delivering plenty of smiles on a daily basis. I have previously owned a Yamaha Fazer 600...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 16:52)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oldgittim

Jul 06

oldgittim says:

I looked at one of these and was impress but went for the NC700S instead and am loving it

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

I was

very impressed seeing this bike 'in the flesh', and with its two siblings.  Never going to win the admiration of those who can't see past a litre sportsbike or a continent conquering cruiser, but as an everyday bike, I seriously think it's one of the best currently on the market.

Would also have said that the BMW G650GS was as well, but at £6200 for a no-frills one these days, it's priced itself out of contention for me.

Reply to this Topic
MurrayGunn

Jul 12

MurrayGunn says:

Confidence builder

I passed my Direct Access in March and went straight out to buy a CBR500R as it seemed to tick all my boxes from the reviews. For a new rider like myself I think it is fantastic. Compared with the Kawa ER6 I trained on it is SO much smoother and easier to ride so it has really given me confidence. I have started to commute 60 miles a day in London and learning how to filter on this has been good because it handles so well. The front end can seem a tad loose in first gear when trundling to junctions but maybe that is just my riding. I love it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices