You are in... Forums > General > General > and a differant rule for us

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

and a differant rule for us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22449442

ok, the gentleman involved is an idiot.and most likely deserves losing his license, but 8 months in prison for lying?

can i remind everyone about the police officer who lied about using her phone, which resulted in a death.

Justice?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 22:46)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

The law

Always has been, and will continue to be an ass! Depends on the senile upper-middle class idiot wig wearer on the day. Oh, and who you know :upset:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Sorry..............................

Sorry if my point of view doesn't match yours, but to publicly boast of perverting the course of justice is pure stupidity, to do so twice is doubly so.

This fool deserves all he got, and I think he was lucky to get away with 8 months when you consider he was caught out trying to encourage others to do the same.

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

with you shad

the two cases are not alike in any way

This chap bragged on line about perverting the course of justice which I believe carriers up to 10 years. So 8 months is very much towards the lower end of the scale, as befits the original crime.

The other one the police failed to prove she had been on the phone. As to how hard they tried, I would suspect not overly hard.

So the moral is if you're going to do it keep fecking stum.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

So

Chris Huhne? 8 months for persistently lying, cost millions, put in an open prison. Yes this guys an ar*e but the law should apply fairly and equally to all, but it patently doesn't.

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Norris

erm surely it has, been applied equally

Both cases received 8 months.

You dont know which nick this chap will end up in

Also the CPS are pursuing Huhne and his ex-wife for the costs.

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

The bloke's a knob..

keep your head down,say nothing and really, don't brag about lying on t'internet.Should have got another 8 months for being so stupid.:smile

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Obewan

We'll see if this guys moved immediately into an open prison, and out in 2 months to answer your point. Plus, don't forget, this is the same force that has spent years trying to prosecute 5 motorcyclists for being involved in their friends death. They do seem to go out of their way to prosecute certain road users, as an example of the double standards, a certain area in a shall we say 'sensitive' area, as seen 50% uninsured drivers for 15 years, yet as someone who lives near that area can confirm, there's a distinct lack of police presence/action over the issue.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices