Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive Q and A: Ben Spies injury latest MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive Q and A: Ben Spies injury latest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive Q and A: Ben Spies injury latest

Ben Spies has admitted rushing his return from a serious right shoulder injury after the Ignite Ducati rider missed last weekend’s Jerez race and will also be missing for the forthcoming French round in Le Mans. The Texan has struggled to regain 100% fitness and strength after he suffered serious muscle damage in his right shoulder following a heavy crash in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 10:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Very disappointing..

"..I’m looking at it for a better middle and end of the year and also 2014.."

Will anyone want to employ him in GP next year?

I'm not convinced his problems are all physical..

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

... and I've got a note from my Mum ...

" Dear Herr Gobbymister, Ben will be away for a while. His shoulder will be fixed around the same time as your bike's problems are fixed. Mary ( my mum ).

;<}

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

I have to agree i think Ben lost his mojo when he couldn't keep up with the aliens. I think the cracks were starting to appear before he left wsb.  I think he will hi tail it back to the US at the end of this year if he doesn't get handed a golden watch before then and earn a good wage for 2 years before disappearing altogether. shades of Gibernau come to mind.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Short memory

Shoulder injuries and recuperation.

Hey Wosi,your girlfriend tweaked his shoulder whilst training in late 2009 for 2010 season. That shoulder damage was done on a 125 MX bike during the off season. Spies accomplished his wreckage during a GP race. Rossi was still moaning about his shoulder along with his long suffering crew chief when they jumped ship to Ducati in 2010/11. He quit moaning about his shoulder around 2012 season. Lets see. Thats about 2 years of Rossi shoulder vs Spies's 6 months. So. In the interests of fair play,I suggest we give Spies another 6 months of recovery by comparison.

I don't suggest for one moment that Spies will bounce back in Mugello and set tongues within the Ducati camp wagging. By the the same token,I don't reckon Rossi will set the Yamaha paddock alight.

Parralel Universe sans the media hype re shoulders and GP injuries. One shoulder is a lesser shoulder than another,or Animal Farm. ..Some more equal than others.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Short memory........................ Ben Who ?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Get a grip..

Get your facts right bootlicker..Rossi did his shoulder after Qatar 2010 and rode the rest of the season without having it operated on plus a broken leg. A real mans man.

First round 2011..after getting it fixed 4 months earlier, he rode the Ducati around Qatar as fast as he'd done the year before on the Yamaha when he won the race.

Spies' head is as fked over that Ducati..as yours is over Rossi.

Take it on the chin Pal..you're barely better than the Aussies.

Loser..

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Rossi is a tough 'un..

no doubt, but there are MAAANY different ways to injure your shoulder -unlikely that both Rossi's and Ben's injuries are/were exactly the same, Ben's MIGHT be far worse. haha but yes that bike is shite.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Rossi's a man's man eh Wosi

We know Rossi is David Emmett's man. DE the Simon Wiesenthal of the GP community on an open crusade to bring gayness to the paddock. But do you think the fat, pink, bald English journo is Rossi's man?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bottle..

Still smarting and getting yourself in a tizz over DE Nostro?

Emmett was/is most definitely Olympic torch-bearer for The Australian..I can't understand why you get so upset?

I mean..he wasn't prepared to denounce Rossi's talent like you, but there again, not many fans who understand the game and haven't got a silly agenda are.

After the Austin test, he did state Vals chances weren't Sunny and his Moon was waning, which the Qatar race performance has subsequently thrown a curved ball at.

Time waits for no man old Fella..as we both know. Rossi has got his hands full and is probably facing the toughest challenge of his career right now. Nobody is saying he's gonna trounce anybody. 

But he hasn't slunk off bad mouthing pushing his lip in wheelbarrow..and he said he'd rather have quit, rejecting more money than Casey was offered at Honda, than stay on the uncompetitive Ducati. 

He loves bikes & racing and thinks he's still good enough to give these guys a run for their money. He is prepared to back that belief head on..with nowhere to hide should things turn out badly.

As far as I can see Spies is not doing that, and IMO, Stoner didn't do it either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hardly smarting Wosi

like you and Rossi he's an easy target for ridicule. Mr "Rossi would win titles if on a Honda" "Rossi is MotoGP"  to quote DE from 2011. Ha, ha, ha. So deluded Mr Emmett.

Nobody is saying he's gonna trounce anybody.

Really Wosi? That's precisely what a lot of little yellow bed wetters were saying when Yamaha's marketing department signed the lanky yellow puke last year.

Rossi was forced to stay in G.P's by his own hubris. In exactly the same manner he egotistically painted himself into the red corner in 2010, he had to continue in a vain (both meanings) effort to restore some lustre to his badly battered reputation. Only a yellow pom-pom waving cyclops like you could see it any other way.

Spies. Well I tend to agree with the man. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Then again you might also be right. His self belief does appear a little fragile. Nowhere to hide once he's at full fitness again. Last chance saloon for Mr Spies for sure.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices