Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive Q and A: Ben Spies injury latest MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive Q and A: Ben Spies injury latest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive Q and A: Ben Spies injury latest

Ben Spies has admitted rushing his return from a serious right shoulder injury after the Ignite Ducati rider missed last weekend’s Jerez race and will also be missing for the forthcoming French round in Le Mans. The Texan has struggled to regain 100% fitness and strength after he suffered serious muscle damage in his right shoulder following a heavy crash in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 345 days ago (09 May 2013 10:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..you really are a case.

Since Sunday and your bleating soft stance on last corner overtaking, It's pretty clear who MCN's monitor in charge of bed-wetting is Pal.

If Rossi's charge through at Qatar put a big dent in your already battered credibility.. Ducati's failure with the new brigade you said would make the difference, has virtually written it off.

Old Nostro is struggling to make sense of it all..

Time for the comfort blanket and a nice lie down..don't forget the plastic sheet.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The problem with the likes of you Wosi

is races and racers are just Play Station to you. You've got all the testiscular fortitude of a castrated poodle.

I've read a lot of bleating on here along the lines of the old Rubbin' is Racing mantra. I've no issue whatsoever with this, for sure it's part of what can make racing exciting. But barging the oppostion out of the way and not awarding penalty points as per the system you've just implemented seems quite bizarre to me. A very bad precedent set.

I'll tell you about confidence and dents old boy. Jerez was very much a targeted Rossi result track. Nine seconds back, it's a lifetime. You just know that ripped his tight yellow knickers quite severely.

I reckon there's a good chance a red bike will finish ahead of the world nr.6 at Mugello.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The best way to get his torn muscles fit for bike racing is to ride a bike. He can race at say 85-90% and it will help strengthen the weak muscles progressively. If he isn't trying to push at 100%, there's little chance of crashing and re-injuring himself. Time spent off the bike trying to recuperate is what will hurt him more in the long run. There aren't any breaks or tendon injuries, so there's no reason to keep off his bike. What are you waiting for mate? Pop mum's titte outta your mouth and get onya bike!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mugello.

Stop whining you big cry baby..you're in a very small minority. Most everyone says it was just racing. You sure you've been on a track before?

Picking races to save faces?

Mugello is Ducati's home track. They've just completed a set-up test there. Remember how you dissed Rossi's 2nd place at Misano when they tested before the race?

Dovi put in nearly 100 laps and said, "I think this track is better suited to the Ducati’s characteristics.”

Ducati's qualified 3rd & 4th last year and Rossi finished 5th..46 second in front of the #2 works Yamaha.

Let's see if the Red bikes can match that this year?..even with the advantage of having an extra two days set-up on the others.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Racing at 85-90%

is exactly why Spies has done further damage to himself Superblackturd Man. How about reading the article!

Spies ditched Mum as manager a few years back by the way.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Remember how

the weather washed out all the others efforts to find a set-up for Misano last year Wosi, and how all but the then world nr.7 (well he probably did so too) guessed a setting for race day?

I've not seen one racer say that the result of MM's stunt was O.K. Only that they'd have a go with such an open door. Easy to say. Not so easy to brake 10 metres later than your on the limit normal and expect to get around the corner though. You should know that entering the Kings Road round about with the Benlys brake fading...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Thanks for the correction

I sure did think the Rossi shoulder was done in off season 2009. You are right, it was off season 2010,just before Ducati did his head. All apologies Pearly. Lost my compass on that one.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Mugello and Ducati

Furthermore Wosi,I agree Mugello is Ducati's home track. Misano is Rossi's.

Why the hell he wants Casanova and Sivelli named Rossi curves beats me.

Anyway it is a Ben Spies issue and Valentino is hardly supporting the Yamaha effort  thus far aside of publicity.

The Spartan has to do it all on his lonesome against HRC, 3 races and evidence in...Data in.

Now if only Dorna encouraged and embraced the tyre war sans Rossi demands everytime he fails to prove its 90% rider and 10% bike. Hell, I have to hand it to Rossi, he still commands media hype,myself included. What's his daughters name again ?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ducati falling out with Ducati..

In other news over at Ducati WSB..Althea boss Batta had the hump with new Corse boss Gobmeier.

Batta was quite vocal about Gobby's attitude regards the new Panigale being so shit. 

There were rumours Biaggi was being considered as factory test rider to help with development, which Francis wasn't happy about because the inference was that his team were responsible for the embarrassing results.

Batta dumped the bike's lacklustre showing squarely back at the door of the Factory. They designed and built the bike after all.

The two Ducati men have apparently shaken hands this weekend at Monza in attempt to diffuse the bad feeling but..The statement from The German is revealing..

"First of all the engine. we need more horsepower, it is a natural law of the physics that a twin can not reach the regimes of four cylinders. Then the chassis. We can't work much on the engine because it is a leading element, then we will focus on swingarm and monocoque front frame .This bike is difficult to develop, but when you find the right compromise is extremely fast, as seen in Phillip Island."

Ducati's blind faith and stubborn belief in the monocoque concept is mind-numbingly stupid. They insist on using outdated brand synonymous engine solutions for the race track.

They have the exact same problems they had with the CF D-16 in GP. What a Fk up.

Rossi is totally vindicated and must be laughing his socks off.

Will Audi be able to extract Italian heads from arses?

Does anyone really care?

http://www.gpone.com/en/2013051110164/Batta-furioso-Gobmeier-sapeva-di-Biaggi.html

http://www.gpone.com/en/2013051110167/Batta-Gobmeier-la-pace-sia-con-noi.html#ixzz2T3dZyasZ

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Vindicated?

Because Rossi was so much more competitive once they ditched the CF monocoque?

Rossi insisted that they ditch the frame technology but it had no effect on the steering problems and his rubbish performance on the bike.

If the technology isn't where it should be, it's Rossi's fault for wasting development dollars and effort  trying to change the bike because his talent wasn't up to riding it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle