You are in... Forums > General > General > RAC PETROL SCAM

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikerdeals

May 10

bikerdeals says:

RAC PETROL SCAM

Just found out that if you arnt on the net and dont have an email address you cant claim the free petrol from RAC, Found out by old couple up the road dont have anything to do with the net and dont want to, got insurance and breakdown so thats £100 in petrol, but were told if they cant get on the net then sorry cant help, fair point is someone can do it for them but thats pestering someone else which they dont want to do, Scam or what whats your views:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 10:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Seeing scams when they aint there?

Not a scam, simply rules to comply with for the offer. You could use the analogy that phone or postal competitions are similar because you have to buy a stamp or make a phone call.

RAC will comply with the offer subject to individuals abiding by rules put in to place to limit RAC's running costs for the offer.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

bikerdeals

It ain't 'pestering someone else' if that 'someone else' offers to do it for them.:winkie:

Why don't you help them out......if they are hard up do it as a 'Good Samaritan' ..if they are well off you could come to an arrangement were you get a bike tank full of petrol out of it - everyone's a winner  - result! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

T's and C's

There are Terms and Conditions with every competition.

Sometimes it makes it difficult to enter, sometimes impossible.  That doesn't mean it is a scam.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Its up to the RAC

but I know how the couple feel. I don't have a facebook account, so I can't enter any of the competitions run at my son's local play centre becuase you have to like their facebook page to enter.

I could just get a facebook page of course, but I don't wanna.

Reply to this Topic
garybfreeman

Nov 06

garybfreeman says:

scam

Had this problem with my mum (disabled Pensioner) did not want F A  to do with the internet,so I phoned the rac who said its nowt do with them its the fuel company  GRG1 phoned them not interested its rac  you can see where this is going cut a long story short  f%&k it got her an email address and did it on line, not very happy about it but job done:lol: but without an internet account no cash so theyr quids in, ANichol as for facebook with you on that

Reply to this Topic
bikerdeals

May 10

bikerdeals says:

KAM

offered straight off to do that but they dont want to be associated with the net or email their family also offered just not interested shame but thats their choice rac made no allowances for that

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

bikerdeals

Good to hear it. Nice one. :winkie:

You can lead a horse to water but... (or in this case you can lead an old person to a computer........) :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

They're

all just ruses, tricks and cons to obtain (and then sell) live e-mail addresses  /  electronic contact details.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices