Skip to content

Discuss This 122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts

A motorcyclist has been jailed for eight months after boasting on a forum about lying to police over a speeding offence. Andrew Kelly, 37, was filmed speeding at 122mph by a speed camera van but told police a prospective buyer had been test-riding the bike at the time. Police later found a thread on a forum describing the incident and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 343 days ago (09 May 2013 10:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

button it

If he had pulled out and killed a motorcyclist whilst using his phone in a car he would still be free. Speed on its own isn't dangerous, only inappropriate speed. The lesson here is keep your mouth shut, he talked his way into prison.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Let's not get caught up

in a "speeders being picked on" argument here. The idiot was jailed for perverting the course of justice, not for speeding.

Looking at the Police video, it looks to me like the other biker was doing the same speed, so was he ticketed too?

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Oh the joys of life pre internet!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Idiot

Deserved everything he got another moron on a motorbike painting us all with the same brush.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Speed?

So he was jailed for a combination of perverting the course of justice (twice, for which an MP got a prison sentence) & speeding (once). Not so much to do with the speeding... just being foolish afterwards.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

How stupid can people be???

Do you people still not realise how the internet works.....???

If you post a video on youtube.....people can see it.

If you write stuff on the internet.....people can read it.

If you manage to get away with something you don't tell a soul! Ever.

People like this deserve everything they get. Twice.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

I disagree with Perverting with this sentencing

I've always found it strange that a "Criminal" can lie about their whereabouts on the night in question without being charged with Perverting the Course of Justice. If was my understanding that this was intend as an offence for somebody giving false testimony to aid a criminal not the criminal themselves.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Staggering naivety

Some people throw common sense out of the window when it comes to bolstering their ego on social media sites. As others have said this person was done for perverting the course of justice (I believe it can involve a prison sentence of up to 12 years).

In some ways social media sites are now akin to darwin awards in that the most idiotic, naive individuals cause themselves loads of problems by NOT thinking through possible consequence of bragging to complete strangers on  social media sites.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

This idiot has drawn negative national media attention to motorcyclists when I am sure many of use go out of our way to give biking a good public image,with friends like him who needs enemies.Thanks for nothing you idiot.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

LOL!!! what a muppet! He got all that he deserved.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle