Skip to content

Discuss This 122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts

A motorcyclist has been jailed for eight months after boasting on a forum about lying to police over a speeding offence. Andrew Kelly, 37, was filmed speeding at 122mph by a speed camera van but told police a prospective buyer had been test-riding the bike at the time. Police later found a thread on a forum describing the incident and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 10:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

It's not even that fast!

122mph is 52mph above the fastest speed allowed in this country... however it is easily achievable in a very short space of time on so called entry level bikes like SV650's and the like... 600's and bigger bikes can go way beyond 122mph and I would actually say this speed is pretty tame for a bike these days. Fortunately the county is on it's arse at the moment so there are less cops, specifically traffic cops to catch speeders otherwise I reckon there'd be regular stories of bikers being caught well above 150mph all the time! My SV650s used to max out at an indicated 147mph regularly and my B-King exceeded 170mph on a number of occasions and I only owned it for a very short space of time*. I AM AMAZED THAT MORE BIKERS DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!!!!!!! *all the speeds mentioned where on closed private roads, obviously!

Reply to this Topic
gazscar

Aug 09

gazscar says:

Ok he was a prat but justice systems seems a bit out when he gets 8 months for being an idiot and motorists can kill a rider and walk away from court with a slap on the wrist!!!

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

122mph is that it? If you're gonna get arrested for it, at least make it 180.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

It is far too easy these days for bikes to do these speeds. I do hope that the people that throw the comments "what an idiot etc etc" dont own the same type of bikes as i would find it highly unlikely that they have kept to the 70mph motorway speed limit on their's.

At the end of the day if your going to do these speeds then you take the risk by doing it in the first place and could lessen the chances of getting caught by doing it in the safest surroundings possible....ie late at night, no traffic and obviously none of her majesty's finest.

Im not saying its right or wrong (well it is wrong from the law's point of view) but its your choice to do it, where and when.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Its not about the speed, its the fact he has lied and then spread it across the internet!!! what a Muppet!! 122mph isn't that fast and if he had took it on the chin he would have had a short ban, probably. But now hes got 6 six points and jail time....

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

To my mind, there's an integrity issue here. This bloke is an MOT tester, so (hypothetically) what if he decides to take a back hander, passes an un roadworthy bike and the rider is injured or worse as a result? Yes, he was stupid, but where do you draw the moral line?  He has been dishonest, end of. 

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Missing the point....

......on this forum, it's not the speed that is impressive, 122mph is ok, yes i do own a blade, billy why if someone speeds and lies about it would you pass a vehicle for an mot if unroadworthy??? can't find the link there.

The prat put his admission on the web??????? WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER MUPPET, If he got 6 years in jail he would deserve it for being one level above an omeba.

Plus all the negative press bikers will have to endure now this wanker has decided he was clever.

Reply to this Topic
weejeemy

Oct 09

weejeemy says:

Master of stupidity.

What a dick. He should think about being a polititian.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Just read about a woman who stole 160K from her employer and got off practically scott free, ie: a joke suspended sentence.

He's an idiot but the justice system is perverse.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

He is a prize plonker

But for context, if he'd been killed pulling out of his drive by some tart who'd lost control of a borrowed uninsured car, she'd have got £600 costs and 100 hours of community service.  I only wish I was making that up.

Just be aware that nobody ratted him out.  The police already trawl forums (hello!) and the CPS and criminal courts treat us as 2nd class citizens, not entitled to a presumption of innocence or the full protection of law.  That's just another risk that we have to accept.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices