Skip to content

Discuss This 122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

122mph speeder jailed after forum boasts

A motorcyclist has been jailed for eight months after boasting on a forum about lying to police over a speeding offence. Andrew Kelly, 37, was filmed speeding at 122mph by a speed camera van but told police a prospective buyer had been test-riding the bike at the time. Police later found a thread on a forum describing the incident and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 345 days ago (09 May 2013 10:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vstrombandit

Sep 09

vstrombandit says:

Please actually read the article again

He got put away for perverting the course of justice - not speeding. He admiited on line that he falsified details to get round  a parking ticket and also that he lied about who was riding the bike. This guy was an MOT tester - how can we be sure he didn't pass unroadworthy bikes /cars? The guy's a plank

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I do dispair at the sentences that bikers get and the sentences that car drivers get for killing bikers. Just why are the sentences for bikers so harsh and yet for a car driver who kills a motorcyclists they get a slap on the wrist?

OK he got a prison sentence for perverting justice, but how many car drivers lie after they have knocked a motorcyclist off? That is also perverting the course of justice and yet they get nothing for it!

Why am I not a human being if I ride a motorcycle? I have a wife, a family, a job ETC. I'm no different to anyone else. I drive a car and also lorries and coaches so I'm way more qualified to be on the roads than many car drivers and yet according to the courts I'm not important enough to care about!

Reply to this Topic
stripple675

Aug 12

stripple675 says:

maybe if he had killed someone he would have got a lighter sentence.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Daft twat

Who would post that.  A real fool if you ask me.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

GIRFUY

Serves the stupid eejit right.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Not sure if jail is the right thing for this biker, but he did lie to the police & that will definitely annoy the police,but 122 mph is bad ,the question is would you like to hit a car at that speed?, it would be like a bomb had gone off,the other side of the coin is boy racer will thrash his little fiesta or corsa complete with big bore exhaust will do 70 in a 30 & get a warning,drive like nutter on the a roads,cut across all 3 lanes to get off at a junction while on a mobile phone.

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

mmm

hardly a 8 month in jail crime maybe a 6 month ban but jail just watched a fraud program the woman got 3 months for de frauding the dole for 122 grand

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Daft

People who post stuff on the internet are just plain stupid...... oh the irony.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle