Skip to content

Discuss This BT Sport announces five-year UK TV deal for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BT Sport announces five-year UK TV deal for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BT Sport announces five-year UK TV deal for MotoGP

BT has signed a five-year deal to show MotoGP exclusively live in the UK from the 2014 world championship campaign onwards. The deal, which MCN revealed would be confirmed today from last weekend’s Spanish MotoGP race in Jerez, was announced during a high-profile launch for the new digital sports channel in London. The deal means free-to-air coverage of MotoGP on the BBC...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 12:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
XRWoody

Oct 05

XRWoody says:

That's me done then, for 5 years. Thanks a lot Dorna :(

As an avid motorcycle racing fan of over 35 years I am very dissapointed to see that we will have no coverage next year.

Sky sports is already too expensive without adding BT Sport.

I know 3 people who use BT Vision, two of them say its nothing but hassle !

Not happy.

Reply to this Topic
ed30

Sep 12

ed30 says:

Great......

FUCK YOU DORNA and FUCK YOU BT

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Free

to BT broadband customers?
I`m a BT customer. How do I watch it? on the laptop?
Help!

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

No Eurosport?

That was the last hope. Five years of no MotoGP then pretty much.
Hopefully Dorna have A get out clause related to viewing figures that BT will not reach, and it won't go the full five years, but I think I'm dreaming with that one!

So disappointed it's unreal!

Reply to this Topic
kebabmann

Aug 02

kebabmann says:

Is it any wonder...

...that plenty of people think bike race fans are mongs, when the overarching view seems to be 'fuck you BT...'.

Yeah, fuck you BT for outbidding the struggling BBC minnows. £8m for 5 years... who could be expected to compete with such giddy sums?

Half the time all people go on about here is how they hate the BBC coverage anyway. Fuck knows how you make BT the bad guys.

Dorna, on the other hand... typical short-termism, like their ridiculous PPV policy on watching tests and highlights on their site. Way to promo the sport guys, those massed ranks of clamouring sponsors must be elated, especially as it leaves them all the more time to tap into the booming Spanish market.

In other news, BT Vision is as usable as any of the cable packs nowadays. Sky, Virgin, BTV - they're not built for physicists.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

NO

bsb and wsb for me then, got my broadband and phone with bt (not for much longer) robbing b@sterds.

Reply to this Topic
kebabmann

Aug 02

kebabmann says:

Oh yeah...

in other other news, who the hell needs a TV to watch any sport these days anyway? If you are really into it, it's all there, free.

Reply to this Topic
diychap

Dec 08

diychap says:

It's all about the fans!!

Fuck the fans it's all about the money, wankers.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Goodbye Moto GP

Agree with you ed30. So no one will get to see Cal win the championship. Dorna you have killed the goose that lays the golden egg. Who the hell is going to give advertising sponsorship to a series no one can watch?

Reply to this Topic
Edgar Jessop

Aug 03

Edgar Jessop says:

What a total f*cking disaster. Ii didn't think I could hate BT more than I did. I'll now be switching my line rental to anywhere else other than BT in protest.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices