Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Gonna switch mi broad band supplier so I can continue watching on mi sky box, any way I'd rather pay Bt then Rupert Murdock, can't see bt broadband being any worser than what i have now and what I've had previously.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

BT broadband

is awful. I know, i suffered with it. I changed in disgust at their customer services attitude and promptly took the phone from them too.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

I sufferd talktalk they were piss poor couldn't get them to fix a line fault,they kept telling me if no fault was found i was gonna have to pay £250 quid,it was a line fault and it took them 6 mths to sort,I'm now wid Sky but like I said I'm prepared to change for motogp.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

I wont be paying BT

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I was reading up on the impact on football which I was pleased about. didn't realise it impacted on this. Will miss actually Parrish & Cox, unless they go with it?

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

paying

I was a WSB fan. Sky bought the rights. Viewing figures dropped. I was a BSB fan. Sky bought the rights. Viewing figures dropped. Now Dorna and BT have repeated the mistake. I refused to pay Sky and I refuse to pay BT. I can only assume Dorna, BT et al believe people wont make good on threats to stop watching and will cave in. I, for one, wont but it is a shame. Especially as I've enjoyed MotoGP throughout the BBC coverage regardless of the complaints yet cant now...notwithstanding a collaborative contract with a free to air station (oh please, please, please be ITV4)

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Me being from Holland i can watch BSB most races live( screw your Mondays bank holidays:-) plus Wsb almost all races on Eurosport 1 and 2. I prefer WSB on 2 cause then we get Burnicle and James Whitham as commentators, wich is so much better than the Dutch guys on 1. For moto Gp i can watch BBC2 but i want to see Moto2 and 3 as well, so i pay 15 Euro's a month to watch GP racing on Sport1 wich is about 12 Quid. So i pay 12 pounds a month and can watch jus't about every race i wan't. Of course some real road racing would be nice and BSS, but hell? Being outdoors sometimes in summier never hurt anyone:-) my point is what do you Brits pay(or refuse to pay) a month to watch BSB WSB and Moto GP? A proper motorsport channel in all of Europe that shows all these classes with Road Racing and maybe some classic 2stroke Gp's during wintertime. With some propper commentators? I would love to pay 20 euro's a month for that.

Reply to this Topic
alandew

May 13

alandew says:

MotoGP

I have watched motorbike racing BSB, WSB,TT and MotoGP via different formats and channels and the BEST coverage I have seen is British Eurosport. I do subscribe to SKY and Eurosport is part of my package but I will NOT be signing up to BT so i'll take this opportunity and wish all the lads commentating at British Eurosport all the Best for the future. SAD DAY FOR MOTOGP 

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

That's it , sky goes

I've watched all bikes on all the various channels but I refuse to pay a further money channel on principle.The main reason we've had sky was to watch the GPs ,WSB and BsB races so the solution is simple, cancel our sky.

Reply to this Topic
vfrade

Oct 05

vfrade says:

motoGP

Good idea petedj. I've just cut and pasted the address and sent Dorna this:-

BT Vision - BAD MISTAKE.
Dear Dorna,
Goodbye motoGP in 2014.
I'll stick with Eurosport for my motorcycle Sundays on TV - SBK live & BSB live.
Eurosport - the home of motorcycling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best commentator teams of all time too.
90% of my local British bike riding friends agree with me on this.
British bikers say NO THANKS & GOODBYE.
We'd rather spend the money going away for the odd weekend to see a few rounds of BSB live. The circuits are mostly just a few hours ride away for most of us - Britain is a very small island. Think on Dorna - we buy an awful lot of sports bikes and race replicas here in Britain because of the motoGP on TV influencing our purchasing decisions over the years, but not next year.
Say hello to your big cash payday Dorna and say goodbye to your UK viewing figures !

tvproduction@dorna.com

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices