Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

@metroplex

No, I don't think it's possible to get Eurosport for free legitimately in the UK. Freeview and Freesat don't have their channels, and pretty much all the other broadcasters require a subscription.

As Hondagixer says, you don't have to look very hard to find streams of pretty much anything. I find myself often sitiing in the First Row, if you know what I mean.

Reply to this Topic
Corrosion

May 13

Corrosion says:

Stupid dorna

Used to be with BT broadband, atrocious service with bottlenecked performance and terrible customer service filled with lies. Us brits finally have a shot at a British world champion over the next couple of years with Cal and Scott Redding, and now we don't get to see on the tv. I liked the bbc commentators, they made it down to earth enough for the missus to enjoy the bike racing with me, and having to pirate the races with some terrible commentator will leave me very unhappy, especially as I lose my moto gp sundays in bed with the woman. Time to get her into WSBK and BSB then, which will be hard as she's got her handful of favourite riders in the 3 moto gp classes.

Reply to this Topic
col675

Jan 13

col675 says:

Eurosport is available from Germany free to air and completely legal .

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

BT can go stuff themselves!

I won't watch it after this season, I'll just read about it on MCN.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Sounds exactly like what has happened in the US over the years. We used to get GP (all 3), WSB, WSS and AMA SB as well as MotorX all on a reasonably priced Speed channel.
Then they started time shifting the events, dropped WSB which moved to a channel that's very difficult to get, dropped AMA....
now all that's left is GP1 with an inane introduction from some car guy and 8 commercial breaks during a race.
If they set out to send fans away, they’re doing an outstanding job.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

col675

Do you know how to pick up Eurosport Germany in the UK ?

Reply to this Topic
kwakakid

Mar 09

kwakakid says:

Best Turnoff

Eurosport is bike racing, bike racing is eurosport, NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

MCN

It strikes me that your duty as the voice of british motorcycle sport is to approach Dorna and seek clarification on their decision making and impact for the UK audience.

Its clear that this is not in the best interests of the viewing public so MCN - find out why...

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

It's all about money

It's all about the money The Spanish can dictate What ever they want That is why There are three Spanish Riders in the best Factory teams

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Feckin Daft

There goes something else the purists in us all enjoy. Taken away and given to a company with little or no viewing figures, no record or prowess or any demonstration or history of providing any fully satisfactory service, least of all to us bike mad eejits. BT has no history of bike watchers, and has not even once demonstrated that they can reach out to us all and gain any clientele who are willing to pay. Just a bunch of money to buy a contract. Boycott the BT Sport service and BT completely and when the "FIVE FECKIN YEARS" are up they'll be glad to be rid of it to any bidder. In the meantime we are a resourceful lot us, so no doubt there are and will be ways to watch it free of charge. Feckin feckwits for feck sake!!! Rant over. MotoGP in UK -- RIP. Oh Yeah, Dorna, Feck Off!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices