Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Only mugs will pay to watch it. Welcome to rip off Britain and the reason we get ripped off. Mugs handing over money with out thinking about the consequences. Look what happened to boxing, pay per view. 30 years after it started they still charge.Why? Because mugs will pay it hence why they keep charging. Why not make a stand here and now and say no!

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

killing off biking

didnt bt say somewhere that sky held the cards and were controlling the market hang on wtf is this about then pay for motogp from us or you dont get to see it ! i pay enough to watch wsbk and motogp on eurosport might aswell scrap the lot now.

motogp needs viewers bt are just going to kill the sport because no one can afford to watch it.

Reply to this Topic
Northstar

May 13

Northstar says:

BYE,BYE Moto-GP!! Mark this email in 5yrs Moto-GP will be on its knees!! No or very little investment into the GP so the manufacturers who are still feeling the effects of the world wide recession/Depression will pull all development money from the sport!! Then what WSBK? DORNA need to be accountable for what happens to our sport, remember SETANTTA with the football deals??? How many teams nearly went under when the cash stopped because the viewing figures dropped because the public wouldn't/couldn't afford pay per view TV? R.I.P our beloved Moto-Gp......

Reply to this Topic
BlackCircles

May 13

BlackCircles says:

PETITION

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

This is against the 2014 TV coverage for MotoGP going to BT and against Eurosport losing its delayed show.
Please sign and share as much as possible........

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Dorna also hold the rights sbk as well so that'll be next to go. But screw bt I'm not paying them

Reply to this Topic
deebee4

May 13

deebee4 says:

I just sent this email to Dorna on <tvproduction@dorna.com>:

Subject: Your decision to have the amount of viewers limited in Western Europe (including UK)

Dear mr. Ezpeleta (should you ever read this message, which I doubt),

Obviously Dorna doesn’t want the MotoGP races (including Moto3 and Moto2 classes) to be watched by a broad audience. You deal to give away the exclusive rights for airing the races to BT will have this effect.

Since I think you have a vision of what the consequences will be regarding the viewing figures (the number of actual people actually watching the races on TV), this seems to be your objective.
Consequences will be that it will be even harder to find sponsors that want to help funding the teams. Every sponsor wants to have his name shown to as much people as possible. Now that the races will be watched by (even) lesser people sponsors will abandon the Moto GP scene to spend their money elsewhere. Eventually this will make the Moto GP obsolete and uninteresting, despite the performances of teams and riders.
Especially in a time, where financial crisis makes people more critical on where they spend their money on, a majority of people will choose NOT to pay for watching the races, and diverting their interests to something else.

So assuming you all have this figured out in advance I can only conclude that your intention is not to keep a motor sport scene alive but to make short term profit, regardless the long term consequences. I will expect to see the same happen with the WSBK competition in a few years, since you own the rights for that too. Teams will be diminished, the best riders of the world riders will get paid a lot less and will direct their attention elsewhere. Just like the viewers......

I’m a big motorsports fan for more than 40 years, and followed the competition during the years. But I will not pay for watching a fantastic sport that is indented to be seen by a broad audience. Wasn’t your deal with the BBC 5 years ago not motivated by your own statement that the races should be watched by as many as possible people, just to make the sport more popular? Obviously your vision has changed.....

“Thank you” for sacrificing this fantastic sport to short term profit.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Mistake

I have signed the petition and written an e mail to Dorna. For anyone else you should include your name and address if you want your e mail taken at all seriously. Thanks for posting the links.

I won't be shelling out to BT so I'll just have to do without MotoGP, there will be many like me either because they can't afford it or don't like being heisted. Viewing figures will drop hugely and when The Doctor packs it in will collapse ( It's why I watch) . There's a limit to how many times I want to see clone a Spaniard smashing his smiling way through the field and winning on the best bike.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

money grabbing cunts

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

Moto GP Doomed!!!

What a load of Shit! Moto GP is already in shit street! And now it's gona have no Veiwers aswell CUNTS!!!!

Reply to this Topic
col675

Jan 13

col675 says:

Saturn392 , check out WWW.sportonsatlive.com this tells you which channels are showing which sport and if FTA or encrypted . Google motorised satellite installers and check out what is available .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices