Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MCMULC

Aug 10

MCMULC says:

BT \ eurosport

Same position mate, Eurosport has been great and the only reason I have SKY, not going to subscribe to BT. 

Reply to this Topic
MCMULC

Aug 10

MCMULC says:

BT \ eurosport

Same position mate, Eurosport has been great and the only reason I have SKY, not going to subscribe to BT. 

Reply to this Topic
MCMULC

Aug 10

MCMULC says:

Superbikea

Superbikes Is with Eurosport to 2015 at least. Only reason I have sky is Eurosport, not a cat in hells chance will pay more for BT so unfortunately going to lose moto gp. Unbelievable they are going to ruin what is already a struggling series!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thehusky69

May 13

thehusky69 says:

AlexDAbomB69

AlexDAbomB69 I moved house in March 2013 and i done everything via the BT online service, not one single issue. Engineer arrived to install new equipment as and when they said they would be there. I did however have an issue with slow broadband, spoke to BT and matter was resolved within the time they said. I am just saying the BT are excellent and now Moto GP is on for 2014 - excellent stuff

Reply to this Topic
thehusky69

May 13

thehusky69 says:

Petition

Petition Good luck with that, a petition will not change things!!! Live with it and move on

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Its at this point

I might weep!

Reply to this Topic
zx6biker

Dec 03

zx6biker says:

Loss of Motogp

Likewise, I'll not be subscribing to BT and cannot understand Dorna's thinking either, but then, I've always thought Espeleta was a complete incompetent dunce. This is only about money and not the sport. Please don't be so negative thehusky69 about the petition. Remember that Dorna wanted to remove Motogp from British Eurosport and only allow the BBC to show it. Well after an online petition and many forceful emails direct to Dorna, we got it reinstated, so it's not impossible. The more who sign it, the better our chances. If this is let to go, WSB which is now also sadly also in the hands of the incompetent Dorna team, could go the same way. Then it will be RIP motorcycle racing apart from BSB. Like many, I only subscribe to Sky for the great coverage British Eurosport give to this fantastic sport,

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

BT ! MOTO GP

THIS IS BAD COMEDY AGAIN DORNA HAS LET US BRITS DOWN BIG TIME MAYBE ITS BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT BRIT RIDERS RAISING THROUGH THE SPORT AND NOT ENOUGH Italian's WINNING  REMEMBER IN WORLD SUPER BIKES HOW DUCATI WERE WINGING FOR A CAPACITY ADVANTAGE BECAUSE THEY COULD NT WIN  BUT THEY DID WITHOUT AN ADVANTAGE IN THE END.

YES DORNA THAT IS HOW WE SEE YOU

Reply to this Topic
BlackCircles

May 13

BlackCircles says:

PETITION

Live with yourselves.....doubters.

MotoGP UK TV deal petition;

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

If you want to try to make a difference then please sign and share, thanks...

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

All this whinging for 100 euro?

Get a job, watch a bootleg stream, or don't watch.  Your choice.

@red, Dorna have been giving incentives for teams to take on British riders for ages.  This is why Herve has had such a pro-British policy and has given Cal his break in the sport (as much as he's trying to undo that).

Dorna's rationale would be that, now that there is a competitive British rider (and Redding stepping up), they'll take whatever option that lets them recoup their investment.  It sucks for fans, but that's business and your whinging will not change this business decision.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices