Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wacca1

Feb 09

wacca1 says:

BT Sport on Virgin TV

BT Sport free for Virgin XL subscribers. Good news for some.

BBC News

Reply to this Topic
foxchrisamr

Apr 08

foxchrisamr says:

Moto GP to BT Sport

Removing coverage from BBC and Eurosport is a bad move for the coverage of Moto GP in the UK.

However i can understand why Eurosport has lost the deal. I have watched Eurosport since 1998 and enjoyed the comentary and coverage, however the commentary has become quite bad over the last couple of years with it being like a contest who can talk continually, while missing action on track. Also how toby and Jules seem to talk rubish or argue instead of watching the track. 

The Eurosport coverage has also been poor over the last year and especially over recent months, with moving times and channels, also the picure quality from Aragon was dreadful.

So who's to blame poor quality or bad decisions.

Reply to this Topic
magenta

Nov 13

magenta says:

BT Daylight Robery

I could not agree more. It's a sad day, when loyal motogp fans are hijacked and extorted. 

BT will not get my cash to bolster bloody football. 
Dorna I feel have no idea, of the resentment they have created. 
As for BT you can stick it where the sun never shines:mad:

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

I've been watching

the testing from Valencia over the last couple of days on BT Sport from Virgin Media.

Nice to be able to see something like that for a change, instead of just reading about it with the odd photo here and there.

Just hoping that VM & BT don't have a fall-out and decide to remove it. But for now. :smile

Reply to this Topic
ijpain002

Jan 05

ijpain002 says:

BIKE THEFT

I think it is an absolute disgrace that british fans are going to loose out on watching their favourite sport of bike racing just because of some greedy people at dorna. Go back to world superbikes and leave the moto gp to the people who love it ie. BBC and Eurosport and all their loyal fans.I am a lady of a certain age and have ben watching all the bikes including the TT and British Superbikes for 15 years or more and have also enjoyed going to see these races even as far as Laguna Seca in America . I have been very lucky but even |I draw the line at now having to pay another fee to watch the only racing that is worth watching. I mean formula one is just one long procession as not being worth the price of my licence fee.How on earth do they expect to attract more fans when ordinary folk wont be able to watch it on their normal tv which still encures a fee, GIVE US BACK OUR BIKES YOU THIEVES.

Reply to this Topic
wharvey

Aug 02

wharvey says:

Motogp not on TV :(

Hard to believe that  paying a TV Lic. fee and even paying SKY in addition can't get the MotoGP on the TV screen.

I'm not paying even more money for this move by the big money makers - if all the bike fans stuck together and rerfused to be manipulated by these money grabbing tactics there would soon be a re-think on this issue.

This move is probabily also influenced by the F1 being out-gunned fan base wise by the more exciting Motogp sport and as such the big boys need to do something to attempt to hold the line against bikes.

Disgracesful - where are all our TV presenters - are they not going to help fight back for the TV based system - it's all too take it lying down for me - lets here it from you MCN staff guys also!

Not a penny more from me!

Reply to this Topic
karen64

Mar 14

karen64 says:

moto gp 2014

You will be able to watch highlights for motogp 2014 on ITV 4. They will be shown on Monday evenings

:)

Reply to this Topic
wharvey

Aug 02

wharvey says:

BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

That's a start but like a lot of things in life you only get what you pay for - or in this case don't get unless you pay twice :)

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

BT Moto GP

It disgrace I had BT but it was crap. However why should one crap company monopolise Moto gp it s big brother

once again. I just hope BT coverage is crap so they loose it next year. I think all Brit bikers should boycott BT. 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The problem

is that I'm sure they have already seen a massive surge in broadband custom as a result. Sickens me.

As a result I'm going the other way. I won't give BT my money. For anything.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices