Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

So if I offered you something for FREE, why would you insist on paying £3.65 for it? Are you simple or something?

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Haha, so you are the one that thinks something that you pay money for is free and I'm the simple one? It's obviously a concept that you cannot get your head around chap, not to worry, I'm sure there are plenty of remedial maths classes available on the social. Who knows, you may even end up being able to operate a till at McDonalds soon if you really work at it.

Reply to this Topic
kentguy

Aug 07

kentguy says:

Dorna says Fuck UK

After all the years Eurosport has been showing MotoGP throgh thick n thin, now it seems there is a big audience for it, what does Dorna do, sell it to a pay per view that no one gets.

In Spain its aired on free TV, so why should we pay. What next onlt BT subscribers allowed at Silverstone.

If they want good viweing figures, give it back to the BBC,

I stopped using BT years ago, as they are a rip off, so no MotoGP for me

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

I've just recently

signed up to my service providers phone, broadband and TV service..with a 'YouView' box and the service is very reasonable at £25 a month (no additional call costs).

I suppose I will probably be able to get MotoGP on demand but how much will that cost? I'm not going to chuck out my new providers service and go to BT either as that will cost and I never did like BT anyway, which was why I left them some years ago. I think it's extremely short sighted of big business to completely disrespect all us loyal fans by such a move.

On the other hand, I have been thinking realistically about this and...actually...I think I can live without MotoGP and have decided I may just attend a few more rounds of BSB instead. Let's face it...the racing is much better anyway and I travel to watch it on my bike...Win Win.

Bye bye MotoGP....you lose.

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

Just cancelled

My MotoGP.com subscription too!!

Hit 'em wherever we can. We are the customers, which means WE ARE THE MONEY...let's use that power and see if it works. We may even succeed!

Reply to this Topic
BlackCircles

May 13

BlackCircles says:

petition

Heres a petition to try to change this, please share as much as you can....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Benny

Owain Glyndwr - the  last native Welshman to hold the title of 'Prince of Wales' - the thing is if you don't have a BT line or broadband it's not  free.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

As long as Bt dont get WSB BSB or WSS

Fuck em ! Motogp is just as other posters said a Spanish pression .Yesterdays WSS race was pure action (yes the Brit won and deservedly ) What will we get on Gps next ?some moody Spaniard clearing off cos he got the best bike or the exciting Spaniard on the fastest bike and the quick Brit out braking hiself tring to keep up on his not as good bike BOLLOCKS all of it .

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

It's not ideal

But what can you do. If F1, football, cricket, tennis, boxing, etc can all go to multiple satellite channels, what makes you all think you're special and can have motogp on the Beeb for all time?

Grow up!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Every one moans about this but look at the ammo you give BT, over 80 comments on this yet 3 about yesterdays 2nd race in wsbk, which was more exciting than the last Moto gp round. Go figure?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices