Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

A sad day for me and wifey (Added under duress). Been enjoying MotoGP ever since it was brought onto the BBC and this year I've paid for Eurosport, well worth it as I'm loving the SBK coverage (BSB and WSB) if I'm paying for motorsport I'll be sticking with Eurosport and BT can lick my sweaty ball bag.

Reply to this Topic
BTcares

May 13

BTcares says:

Support British Industry

Join BT's technological broadband revolution today, then sit back and enjoy the very best in MotoGP action.

BT - bringing it all together.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lauranna

Jul 12

Lauranna says:

Oily1984

Oily, that wasn't added under duress you twat! :)

As for my feelings towards this, I am pissed off beyond belief. Since Marco died, I have been wondering if there would be anymore exciting races as I felt he was a rider who was extreme in his style and was truely fun to watch. Then this year began. Rossi back on a Yam, Pedrosa struggling to hold on to his spot as number 1 honda rider (in Puig's eyes) and Marc Marquez! The Simoncelli of Spanish riders. New, exciting and ruthless.

Now I find out that we are about to have that taken away from us??? What the fuck is that all about?? Dorna become money grabbing bastards and as a result, the sport will lose a lot of viewers because people aren't going to pay the £180 per year to BT just on principle. I think it is a really bad move on Dorna's part and because of that, I feel the sport is going to begin to die, just like F1 has begun to die, because a lot of people, like myself, aren't interested anymore and refuse to put money into Rupert Murdoch's pocket just tp watch the whole season.

A very sad day for a lot of MotoGP fans.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Contacted BT today,already have Sky and BT Broadband,supplied me with a 9 digit number and bingo,cost??? nothing.

Reply to this Topic
davsato

Oct 05

davsato says:

lost a fan here

bbc coverage was rubbish anyway but i did watch it on eurosport, not that 15 bikes on a grid is worth watching! i already pay a pointless fortune in the licence fee for 2 bbc channels that i dont watch. then pay a fortune for sky's 50% advert policy, then pay extra for sky+ so i can ff through all those ads, if BT think im paying for another channel they are very much mistaken. looks like i'll be getting into BSB and WSB for the next 5 years doesnt it?

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

bt

bt u can go and get fucked. dorna well all i ever seem to do is shake my head in dissbeleif every time they make a disission. saves me iching for the season to start again. i have moto gp ocd. thanks dorna youve given me the cure.

Reply to this Topic
Mike5846

May 13

Mike5846 says:

BTcares

BTCARES!!!! Is this some joke that they have an account on here??? F*** off and advertise some premier league or rugby, if they care about bikes they would leave it on a channel where EVERYONE can watch it, I have posted this a couple of times on different news stories but I don't care this is ridiculous and MCN should be ashamed to have there adverts on this site

Reply to this Topic
shax46

May 13

shax46 says:

re - support british industry

May be BT should support British Industry by moving their Indian call centres back to the UK and filling them with staff that can actully understand rather than trying to sell products you have already bought. Hopefully the rise of 4G mobile networks will mean that consumers will not be forced into having broadband down the phoneline and ultimately the demise of BT will commence.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Live MotoGP for less than 1p per day/year? Sounds like a bargain.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Please tell me where I can sign up to MotoGP for £3.65 a year?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices