Skip to content

Discuss This BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC and British Eurosport react to BT Sport’s MotoGP deal

The BBC and British Eurosport have given their reaction to the confirmation today that BT Sport has successfully bid for the exclusive UK TV rights for MotoGP from 2014 onwards. BT Sport’s new five-year deal was officially announced in London this morning, meaning fans will no longer be able to watch Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi on the BBC and British...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

There you go

Just checked no comments on the first race at all?????????

Reply to this Topic
billybutler

Oct 05

billybutler says:

GP coverage RIP due to BT

BT MOTO GP debacle

What a sad this will be. The pleasure I have recieved from Eurosport coverage is second to none. The quality of the Team Julian, Toby Spalders and Mr Day their knowledge of the sport and their passion was 110%. Even the BBC were now where in comparisson with Mr 'as been' Parrish barking on with all of the when I was out there crap and the Gravel mouthed Car racer Charlie Cox who knows next to fcuk all about real sport - bikes.!

Oh well bye bye my favorite Moto 2 and 3 viewing and also the incredible Cal Crutchlow. Shan't bother going to the BT route unless the Eurosport team are in the hotset Moody Ryder and co. Shall even cancel my BT Broadband for fcuking the job up. Thanks BT.!

Reply to this Topic
Corrosion

May 13

Corrosion says:

@Alexdabomb69

Maybe its because motogp is available for free on the BBC, whereas WSBK is only avaible on pay to watch channels? As an aside, awesome races in WSBK and WSS and SST1K yesterday, blinding races.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

With Sky and BT, sport channel is free,jump on the bandwagon now so is HD.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

The only problem is ......

That dorna hold the rights to sbk as well ,the deal with Eurosport is finished next year, & reckon that'll end up on bt too.bstds :(

Reply to this Topic
Lauranna

Jul 12

Lauranna says:

Figures speak for themselves

Just check out the poll. Only 7% think the move to BT is a good idea. Over 60% have said they will no longer be a viewer. I'm telling you, the sport is going to die and the only ones that can be held accountable will be Dorna. Even BT won't have the blame for that. They only bought the rights to MotoGP. Dorna are the arseholes that sold it and as a lot of people have said, WSBK are probably next.

Reply to this Topic
thehusky69

May 13

thehusky69 says:

Moto GP and BT

I love to to know why everyone is so upset about the BT move - it is the best thing to happen! How many times have you been watching BBC Coverage and their build up is sometimes poor they cut the podium for Eastenders! As a TV Licence holder and a BT Broadband customer i am over the moon with the coverage! BT (BRITISH TELECOM) getting into the support, this can only help younger riders get into the support and out very own Cal Crutchlow is a big supporter of this! If you listen to what BT are doing it is very exciting, offering customers to pick live camera feeds of your favorite rider, Eurosport and BBC are behind the times and this is BT doing the right thing! I can only praise BT for this, its fantastic! About time Sky had a bit of competition - so non Broadband customers don't get it for free, so what! Change to BT its simple! Wake up people to this day and age!!

Reply to this Topic
bustedagain

May 13

bustedagain says:

So that's me stuffed

@thehusky69 ... except they've just restricted access to serious proportion of the British viewing public. While I'm glad you've got BT and can watch it, I'm on VirginMedia and therefore cannot get either the channel, or the internet coverage (one needs to be a BT broadband customer apparently). Essentially, I can't ever watch MotoGP. "Change to BT its simple! " Excuse me? I really don't appreciate being forced to change provider because of this decision. Especially considering I don't actually have a connected BT line, which would require the £100+ installation/connection charge JUST to watch it on broadband on my 14" laptop screen. I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to jump through hoops just so that BT can force people to pay for their service (which, I hear, is abysmal outside of major cities). BBC lowered the barrier to entry for people to get into such an awesome sport. BT/Dorna have just killed that. I guess I'll be watching the F1 instead.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Huskey

Wait until something goes wrong or you have to move house or whatever, you will then find out what a shower of sh@t BT are. They have made their bed so they can lie in it as far as i am concerned. When I had dealings with them when I was a customer we nearly ended up in court. But no I had to pay over £500 to those friggin vampires just because I had to move because the landlord sold the house I lived in at the time and you cant take your account with you, oh no,you have to pay what you owe on the contract and my case it was only two months in on a 24 month business contact. Sign up and join the future but they will rinse you for what they can I know.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCircles

May 13

BlackCircles says:

Petition

Here's my reply;

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN