Skip to content

General which one would you believe? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > which one would you believe?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

which one would you believe?

a speedo reading well in excess of the actual road test speed , or the reading of a sat nav, out on monday i actually saw well over the speed stated in a recent road test, but it was also well out on the sat nav which also measures speed, question is how accurate are sat nav speed readings, it seems to be pretty accurate according to the car i drive until it gets way above anything that is legal.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 19:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Sat nav

over speedo for sure.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

my thinking as well si, just think the

144mph it was reading was a tad on the high side for such a big lump, although it felt like it the bast was still accelerating, had to shut down old dozy twot in a honda jazz queered my pitch, and all this on my own private race track near penrith hoestly officer.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

my thinking as well si, just think the

144mph it was reading was a tad on the high side for such a big lump, although it felt like it the bast was still accelerating, had to shut down old dozy twot in a honda jazz queered my pitch, and all this on my own private race track near penrith hoestly officer.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

sat nav

very accurate on flat, not so good in hills

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

and only

average on flat hills...:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

have you got rid

of the big suzook Chris?

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

phil

yeah mate, bit of a wrench letting it go, but no room at the inn, just got something very similar in a class higher [see new kid on the block thread] and just loving it more or less straight away, the top fairing makes life a little easier, binned the gixxer thou after a few hours on test, the old bones screamed in protest at that riding position so as not to lose the 2 grand deposit i got the CB1300 sa,and so far so good.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

do you know

a firm called 543 in oldham? 

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

yip

not a bad couple of lads, very friendly and they have some real good stuff about them, prices are a bit high but they do have a barter if you fancy it, they did a deal with a mate of mine last year on a harley  he realised shortly afterwards he firkin hated the whole harley thang, he went back cap in hand, unfortunately the had flogged his bike in the week it was in the shop, but fair play to them they gave him what his bike was worth and in cash and took the harley back f.o.c based in royton nr oldham town centre easy access from the motorway.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices