You are in... Forums > General > General > Fast and Focused or Slow and sloppy

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Fast and Focused or Slow and sloppy

When I ride Fast....I feel so much more Focused and "Up for anything"...than when I am stuck in Traffic in my car/van, yet ....The Government/Police Treat us as "Criminals"....I am convinced that Slow and Sloppy is far more dangerous ....What do you "Chaps" Think....?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 May 2013 18:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Filtering's

good.........fast or slow :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Depends on

how you mean, filtering can be a bit unsafe and your wits have to be well and truly honed, but good for clutch control especially on my bike :shock:

Fast and furious?? I'm more progressing well.  My biggest fear especially on country roads are animals jumping out from the hedges.

I know my head hurts sometimes when the concentration for long periods of time makes me stop when a ride isn't going too well.

Reply to this Topic
NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

I'm far more focused and 'alive'

When I'm riding the bike at a fair lick. In comparison, I drive the car like a retired nun. I think I'm a safe driver/ rider whether I'm riding/ driving. However, there's nothing like the intense assimilation of information assaulting the brain when I'm riding fast on the bike. Having to make decisions much further ahead and read road conditions which don't apply to 4 wheel driving make bike riding a far more intense and aware experience than driving the car at 30 to Tescos and back. Whether, in reality, my perceived notion that I am reading the road better on the bike compared to trundling along in the car is probably up for debate.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

notanotherhill

No debate mate....truth be known.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

I love both

I believe riding a bike makes you a much more observent car driver  ...... theres nothing like the thrill of a bike though... cars .... depends which car your talking about ...... i have driven a few really fast cars and trust me you need to be focussed when you hooning a v8 or the like round. I love both bikes and cars but when it's a bit cold a stereo, heaters and big 245 section low profile 19" rims are mint

a 1.1 on thirteen inch pram wheels sends me to sleep

If all car drivers had to do a bike test first the world would be a safer place for sure 

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I agree with oscar.

And I used to love my V8 (Pontiac Firebird. 8 track player, white leather upholstery. Best leave it there. I'm starting to think I must have been a bit chavvy back in the 70's).

Riding my bike takes all my concentration and that is part of the joy for me. Adrenaline is the best painkiller of all and the challenge of getting from A to B as quickly as possible but without scaring myself or upsetting anyone else takes everything else away. I just don't give a thought to anything else when I'm out there. It's about the only place I feel equal to everyone else and I love it.

I choose fast and focused :smile

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Bee

yeah  the sad fact is if i had to pick between  a fast car and a bike i would pick the car ..... don't get me wrong i live sleep eat breathe bikes they are my first love ......but fast cars are my second

don't get me wrong i had bikes for years before i did the car test

basically anything that goes fast as fuck ...i love :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Give me a proper

Car on the road and i'll beat any bike ......fact

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I feel....

a barbecue coming on...you're all starting to talk bollocks.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

NO man

"if i had to pick between  a fast car and a bike i would pick the car"

really?........tis bike, bike ,bike...no comp

Ariel atom would still be a heartbeat away tho :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy