Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Respect

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 May 2013 13:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Perhaps not going to be...........

Perhaps not going to be a popular view, but tell me, what happend if he falls during a competition?  Is he then a hazard to other riders since he will be trapped with the bike, probably in the middle of the track?

I have the greatest respect for a rider who battles such horrific injuries to keep riding, but perhaps the insistance that he rides in a major competition, where he might put other lives as well as his own at risk is a little selfish?

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Possibly Shad

Possibly?but am sure it must have already happened and they have dealt with it,as far as endangering other riders if he falls off,if he was able bodied it would be the same if he fell in front of another ride,so wouldn't think its a issue?would you?  

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Not sure

and can see both sides of this, but total respect to this lad not just on the riding but the sheer determination.

It looks like he hasn't let it affect any part of his life at all:smile

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

I would't want to race against him...

Cos he'd kick my f@ckin arse!!!!!:wink: I'd like to think that I would have at least half his spirit in similar circumstances:mellow: Respect indeed.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Can't

see why he should be more of a hazard to others who are able bodied, surely if anybody falls off and is trapped or knocked out then they are also a hazard to others.

He has my respect.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Inspirational!

Agree with smidget - he's no more a hazard to other riders than anyone else who might fall off and end up lying in the track.

It is much more a hazard to himself to be strapped to the bike in an accident....I certainly wouldn't want to be strapped to a bike knowing I couldn't 'bail' in an accident..... but then this dude has more 'balls' than I have - respect indeed..:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Why more of a hazard..........

Nice reasoned discussions so far, I would just be concerned that since he can't seperate from the bike if he comes off, he is less likely to be thrown clear if it goes pear shaped.

I'm sure he has come off in competition, and in the local heats I'm sure other riders would show the proper respect to a fallen comrade and be prepared to stop and allow time for him to be cleared safely from the track, however in a national final, riders are going to be more hopped up on adrenalin, and the scope for someone to misjudge things is greater.  In most motocross accidents you see the rider will be thrown clear of the track, and the following ridersmay ride over the fallen bike.

Not detracting from his guts or his riding, I simply feel he might have been better to accept that he wasn't able to ride in the national final.

Ride safe,

Shad. 

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

i kind of

agree with what Shad is saying, take for instance the Superstock 1000 race today, where one of the riders managed to 'dance' his way out of oncoming bikes having binned it......how bad would you feel if you were the one who drilled the defenceless rider.?..what if his fuel line split..?  but good luck to him, and big kudos for doing what he does, as long as every other rider is happy with the situation........:mellow:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Revisit my post

and you will see that I state that in the case where a rider is trapped or knocked out then they are just as vulnerable, so under those circumstances everything is equal in terms of danger to themselves and others.

Just my opinion. 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Respect everybody's opinion

and all the great input:smilei was at my local Moto X event this Sunday,great racing and Lot's of carnage as it rained for the first time in four month at a meeting.But in some cases there would be a two or three bike pile up with bods underneath and bods on top,with other bike come around the track hitting them and some going around(just what it is with racing)The marshal would get to the site with there yellow flags waving in the track making other bikes go around the crash ,while other marshals were pulling the bikes and riders apart.Some times during the day the red flag would come out and person or persons where carted off to the medical centre or hospital.Lots of this riders returned later in the day sporting there war wounds:smile(most wanting more,but not allowed to race anymore that day).Some of this guys have disability's all ready but still race competitively.Oh by the way this was the South Australian championships not a club meet.Maybe over there in UK your just to over protective,if they guys competitive enough to have earned his place ,then he should race,hes probably thinkin its now or never,am goin for it.:smile But that's just my opinion,i would help him if he asked,give him a fast bike to beat the rest,able bodied or not:winkie:luv it. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices