Skip to content

Discuss This Monza WSB: Laverty battles to race two victory World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Monza WSB: Laverty battles to race two victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Monza WSB: Laverty battles to race two victory

Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty prevailed in the second race at Monza today to take his sixth World Superbike victory and third of the season. It was another race long battle between Laverty, Marco Melandri, Tom Sykes and Sylvain Guintoli, with Laverty moving in to first place on the penultimate lap. The Irishman was able to hold his lead and prevent Melandri...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 339 days ago (12 May 2013 15:24)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

two good

rides today for eugene, think he will win the championship this yr, davies was shit again today, think his aragon double was a fluke.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Superbike

Its often claimed that WSBK is better racing than MotoGP , but , judging by the number of comments on this particular article only one person gives a toss , was this a post GP article  , the comments would probably have been full by now .

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Richard1967

You are spot on there. The racing yesterday was fantastic. Strange that people are not getting involved with the superbike threads but i think coloured underwear may have something to do with it. If you take into consideration that the superbike and supersport classes are closer to what we actually ride on the road.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

What awesome racing there! Too bad MotoGP doesn't have the equipment parity to give such close racing. I agree that had this been a MotoGP race, the thread would have probably closed by now. The WSS race was amazing after the fourth try! Hats off to Sam Lowes, what a legend. Would love to see him on a Moto2 bike.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

The decline of WSBK

WSBK has had the guts ripped out of it. On paper, it should be good with almost every factory supporting the series. But in reality, it's nothing but a pale shadow of its former brilliant self.

In day's gone-by, WSBK at Monza in the sunshine would have made the hair's on the back of your neck stand-up - but not anymore.

Why not? It's not like one manufacturer's dominating like Ducati in the past. And it's not as if one rider is dominating like Bayliss or Fogarty did in the past - but something is very much missing from a series that, at one time, could grab you by the balls and get 120,000 off to Brands, and nearly as many to Assen. 

What's missing? For me, it's too many fairly good UK, French and Italian riders and not enough of the 'World' bit. No Americans, one average Aussie, one average German, and that's your lot until Checa comes back. Just 18 evenly matched bikes & riders. No class.  

It's not much better than BSB right now - and that's pretty poor.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

The only reason 120,000 went to Brands was to watch a fairly good British rider Ben..... I mean Owain.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Sentiments

Great weekends racing all round,but sure,the attraction to the series is seriously depleting at a rate of knots. I don't know why exactly. From a personal point of view,the only race I made a predetermined choice not to miss in its entirety was STK1000 and I wasn't disappointed.

I reckon Dorna want to reduce the SBK rules to the level of STK thus ensuring a clear distinction between proddy spec tackle and GP prototype series tackle. This understanding is enforced by the fact that 3 races in and the twins are still restricted. The SBK version is hardly better than the STK bike. BMW like might to see it differently as Aprilia may,but in the eye of the beholder its a UJM class....UJM being Universal Japanese Motorcycle. BMW outjapped the Japanese with their transverse 4 and it was clearly their intention upon the bikes inception. The Aprilia is somewhere bewixt  and if top dollar follows any RSV hopefulls,they provide variation.

Once again some great racing across all the races on the weekend,but something is lacking. Probably a case of being as predictable as MGP. Barring disaster in both classes there are only half a dozen riders kitted with machinery capable of winning. In SBK right now,Rea is one of them and so is any rider on a restricted Ducati. 

I do suggest an immediate return to the tyre wars would benefit both GP and SBK.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Correction

Rea is NOT one of them,like any Ducati rider. Sick leave granted to Checa,Rea,Badovini and Max,the Blue Max that is.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

I need a hero ...

... like Scott Russell on a Muzzy Kawasaki, like Fogarty on a Duke, Slight on an RC45 or Nagai on a Yamaha. I need a hate figure like Kocinski. I need a nutta like Falappa. I want a loveable loser like Chili. I need the style of Biaggi and the coolness of Corser. But most of all, I want balls like Bayliss.

What do I get? 

A mute Irishman, an Italian midget and some guy with a ginger beard and a funny walk.

No class.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh I don't know,

melandri's a bit of a wanker surely?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy