Skip to content

Discuss This Monza WSB: Laverty battles to race two victory World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Monza WSB: Laverty battles to race two victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Monza WSB: Laverty battles to race two victory

Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty prevailed in the second race at Monza today to take his sixth World Superbike victory and third of the season. It was another race long battle between Laverty, Marco Melandri, Tom Sykes and Sylvain Guintoli, with Laverty moving in to first place on the penultimate lap. The Irishman was able to hold his lead and prevent Melandri...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 May 2013 15:24)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

And why is there no report of Sam Lowes' incredible win?

FFS!

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Nowt Missing!

I don't know what u lot were watching but u don't half talk some bollocks, we all moan about boaring gp races with runaway wins n then we get races like this n ur all moaning sbk's not what it was n 6 consistent riders on good bikes is a bad thing, the thing about the sbk is every now n then an inconsistent rider pops up n does the business, it's a fantastic championship with excellent racing n u lot are super daft n over think bike racing, 150-160mph slides in tandem round Monza on final lap for win, Love It!

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Nice Soups ...

... it's strange that brother Alex get's loads of media exposure for winning a national race, and Sam get's next to nothing for outstanding world championship performances like this. His 3-bike over-take was incredible and to win at Monza on a slow bike is a rare feat indeed, but just how good is is WSS?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I need a hero

Nice comment Owain. With all due respect to the current crop and their abilties they don't evoke the passion the names you serve up did.

I think we were richly spoilt with WSBK in the nineties. You could add Gobert to that list too under the column that read Hero, Nutter, hate figure, stylish and cool with big nads.

Good WSBK races as Monza invariably dishes up. Missed the WSS.

What's going on with race direction, they're as dithery as the GP lot - is it a DORNA thing?  Sykes third, Skyes fourth, Sykes third again? I can't understand why he was reinstated. This one is not finished yet though.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Owain Prince of Wales

Alex Lowes gets the coverage because BSB is a major championship - WSB is a major championship - WSS is a support race and although it produces outstanding world class racing it's what it says on the tin a support race.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

World Superbikes of yore

The nineties those were the days. Great names like those mentioned below and the wildcards, remember them? The Japs and the Brits in particular showing up the regular riders. And talking of Japs we even had a Japanese round!! Fancy that, a Japanese round in a WORLD championship. Who would believe it?

And yes well done Sam Lowes. A young British rider doing very well in a world championship. Did you get that MCN?  A BRITISH rider winning in World Supersport. How about you let you website visitors know that you lazy feckwits.!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

I think the reason that those of us who remember SBK  and 500 GP in the nineties with so much afffection is because we were all much younger and more impressionable in those days -  we are now all older wiser more cynical and much harder to impress in advancing years.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

I'm sorry Saturn ...

... but I don't pop my cork for middle-aged men from Kent (no matter how good Shakey is). I'm afraid that BSB is going through it's all too frequent cyclical lull in quality, and sadly Alex is caught-up in it. It's on a road to no-where - ask Shakey.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

POW

Accepted!    However it doesn't alter my previous statement!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Re-live the glory

of this 10 lap spectacular. C'est magnifique!

http://youtu.be/kvgvujgupxI

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices