Skip to content

Discuss This Staff Blog: Filthy Street First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff Blog: Filthy Street

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tony Hoare  says:

Staff Blog: Filthy Street

I’d forgotten how dirty a minimalistic bike like the Street Triple R can get. I was caught out in a rain storm yesterday and within half an hour the Triumph looked like it had been taken down a farm track, which it hadn’t. The ride was on A-roads, but the level of filth on the back end was incredible.   It was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 May 2013 22:05)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

dirty bikers

Todays bikes aren't designed to be used as all weather, all year transport. They're made for those who keep them safely tucked up in the garage for nine or ten months of the year and only actually haul them out on sunny weekends,  so they don't actually need mudguards or any other practical features such as reasonable fuel consumption, a place to put your sandwhiches, etc, etc..

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Falling off

Don't the indicators do the same?

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Correct bikerpete,

particularly at those prices.  The bikes that are being used for all year round transport (in 125cc guise anyway) are already here and they're Chinese.

250cc coming soon, and it'll be onwards and upwards for the Chinese manufacturers over the next few years.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/250cc-pulse-adrenaline-announced/22695.html

Reply to this Topic
ax1464

Nov 08

ax1464 says:

Not for Year-Round Use?

"I’d rather clean the bike more often than have a load of extra plastic clutter around the back wheel." Is it the riders' or manufacturers' fault bikes aren't equipped for all-weather riding?

Reply to this Topic
Rich748

May 03

Rich748 says:

Filthy back end...

I've had the same problem after riding my 2013 triple r in wet weather. The amount of spray covering both the back end of the bike and rider is considerable!

So far I've wrecked one mp3 player by getting it soaking wet in a rucksack - I was gonna fit a tail tidy and smaller plate but I'm not sure now. I thought the job of that hideous number plate hanger was to limit spray in wet weather?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices