Skip to content

General RENNTEC Rack HELP!!!!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > RENNTEC Rack HELP!!!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GixxerDream

Nov 08

GixxerDream says:

RENNTEC Rack HELP!!!!!!

I've bought a Renntec rack for my 2010 CBR1000RR but only just seen the warning sticker saying 2.5Kg MAX load. I can assume the limit is so low as to cover Renntec but has anyone had experience using one and what loads have been put on. I'm going two up around France next week and planned on strapping a bag to it but need to know what my weight limit is. Thanks.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 May 2013 13:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steve_n.yorks

Nov 07

Renntec

Gixxer

I've recently bought Renntec for my Aprilia RSV1000 Factory. Firstly....

I pressume you've offered the rack up for fixing and positioning to your bike? Mine wouldn't fit and I had to take it round to a mate of mine and we fabricated and welded a complete new section for the underseat connection.

Secondly, the 2.5Kg is purely to cover Renntec in my opinion. I've had a 5 ltr strapped to a 10ltr Kriega system strapped to back with a weight of approx 7Kg with no problem.

Enjoy your trip - ride safe ;)

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

might seem obvious

stash your clothes and least heavy gear on the rack, and the rest somewhere else

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Stuff expensive racks

I gotta 010 Blade baugh a  piece of 2mm thick alloy plate had it cut n bent to shape around rear seat tail unit .Now the next bit was a bit scarey but wasnt that bad I drilled through rear seat to where pillion strap bolts to subframe( u need 30mm long bolts to bolt plate to seat to subframe and its bloody strong .We grabbed plate and the rear of bike lifted up so all good .The plate is also secured via the hook that attaches rear seat to subframe so its good .One extra tip is to stick some foam on the underside of plate  it touches end of rear tail unit  when you click seat on so yer paint isnt scratched .I`m not that good at puters so cant post piccie .It my look rubbish but it cost me £30 all in and dont worry about drilling through rear seat a piece of vinyl is cheap enough to recover rear sear I never use mine .Ive done 2 trips to Assen and its been great also the side of plat are bent over so you dont get greasy chain lube on yer box or luggage what ever you use .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices