Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA Ultimate Superbikes 4th place: MV Agusta F4RR F4 1000RR

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > F4 1000RR > Ultimate Superbikes 4th place: MV Agusta F4RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ultimate Superbikes 4th place: MV Agusta F4RR

Lap time: 1:53.86Top speed at end of straight: 163.6mphMax braking (g): 1.19Max lean: 41.62 Why it’s so specialMV Agusta F4s are the ultimate poster bikes. The iconic Massimo Tamburini-designed lines haven’t really changed over the years, just tweaked, refined and polished, but even today, 14 years after the original F4 750 was released, this latest evolution is unutterably beautiful.  It wears...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 May 2013 15:25)

Post a message in F4 1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Not a shame

ok it has alot of trouble but it costs not more then 5000.- so its a bargin. And its not about the last second like with the duc you were testing. Buy the most expencive slow bike and just say it has emotion! like in sbk with checa he has great emotion for hi's bike. think he can cry about it.! :-)

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Taken to the cleaners

First off, you'll never see such blatantly negative review from any US publication.  They rely so much on advertising, that all their reviews are always positive, except for a mild, short paragraph negative comment thrown in just so they don't look too much like a sell out.

Having said that, I am not sure the review above is consistent with professional journalism protocol.

Hodgson says: "There's nothing I like about this bike, it’s the worst bike I’ve ever ridden. It’s horrible."

Really, of all the years you've been riding bikes, this one MV happened to be the absolute worst?  I hardly doubt that.  This is called brand bashing.  It's a bit too harsh for a professional bloke like you.

"Not only was it the slowest 1000 here, it’s actually slower than its F3 younger brother, the ZX-6R 636 and Triumph Daytona 675R we tested here at the same time. And then it broke down –"

To be frank, I have come to appreciate MCN as the only moto rag that tells it like it is, almost.  But boy this is terrible for MV.  Their 1000cc top superbike, can't beat a supersport? 

MV is the smallest of all the brands now, because they don't have a rich parent to take care of them.  Even Aprilia has Piaggio.  So, one would assume that they would be more limited in their R&D funding and hence the bikes ultimately not being up to the standard of others as far as latest tech is concerned. This is where the boutique brand is falling behind.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

Facts is Facts

OK there's a whole section of the philosophy of science which basically comes down to facts might not be facts.........

But if the damn thing was slower than a 675 Daytona and a ZX6 then 'unprofessional' would have been disguising the fact, not saying straight out that that's the way it was.

As for the rest of Shiva's complaint - look at it in context.  Hodgson says WHY he thinks its horible. And if the bike behaves as he describes (and I've no reason to disbelieve his account) to me at least it seems dead obvious why he thinks it horrible.  An unpredicatble 125 might not be so worrying.  But with that sort of power and speed you need to know what a bike's going to do. 

Don't you?

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Fact? no, impression

The term fact doesn't play into product reviews of this kind where they are all based on impressions.  if you have ever read multi-tester reviews in various magazines and online moto portals, you'll notice they take a poll from each tester and then combine the results.  because each rider will feel different about each bike.

here we have one tester with multiple bikes.

I don't have a problem with this tester per se, I just don't get how a pro journalist, could ever bash a brand like that.  It's just not up to universal journalism standards.  He is entitled to seriously dislike something, but only 5 year old are allowed to say that "this ice cream is the worst ice cream I have ever tasted in all my life."  I mean come on, who says that about a bike. 

I am not even pro MV, I think their days are numbered, but it's just how his statements are worded that I think isn't up to par.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices