Skip to content

Discuss This Ultimate Superbikes 3rd place: Aprilia RSV4 Factory First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ultimate Superbikes 3rd place: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ultimate Superbikes 3rd place: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Lap time: 1:49.8Top speed at end of straight: 164.4mphMax braking (g): 1.38Max lean: 48.2 Why it’s so specialThe 1199R and HP4 may be the latest and greatest superbikes to arrive, but neither can boast two World Superbike championships like the RSV4. Reputed to have been made for Max Biaggi from the beginning, the Aprilia made the world take notice when it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
alol

May 06

alol says:

ultimate superbike

It's quite a suprise that any test where the ex Ducati WSB Champion Neil Hodgson is involved for some strange reason the Ducati seems to do very well in. Not that theres any bias of course?

Reply to this Topic
mactory1

May 13

mactory1 says:

ducati marketing

its logical that Hodgos will try and put Ducati on top, the real test u can read in Motociclismo it, where they tested all 4 of them and on 2 different tracks, all bikes where dynoed ducati 1199r only had 173, aprilia 166, s1000hp 182 the same also Agusta. they had 2 pro riders  and both tracks came Aprilia on top with best track time in both, seconed was Hp4, then Duc way slower and MV in fourth.

U can go to Motociclismo.it and use google chrome to translate it u also have all videos there. the same test was made in German and Spanish site both came Aprilia on top, ducati wasnt even close.

So i Guess Mr.H  and Ducati payed allot for this crapy test. So Sold yourself like always Mcn.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

F*ck off

yeah right....: Hodgson says
It doesn’t do one thing great, but doesn’t do one thing badly, either. It’s the only bike I’ve ridden where, on the slowing down lap, I’m wondering what I’m going to say about it.

Let me help you then Hodgson. Its quick steering, its stable, it has great electronics, its good looking, gives much confidence, sounds great.

I quess you wil have alot to tell about the ducati. and your right to about that. lets begin. no confidence at all(see sbk-motogp) it excells in nothing. its doesn't have the torque anymore of the 1198 and it doesn't has that much top power eighter like the bmw or mv. it has sooo much electronica you will need an whole team do do it for you. its slow steering like MCN recently found out. its way to expencive and in sbk its 35 seconds back from Aprilia and bmw and kawa. its so small it doesn't even looks like an bike anymore. there's no wind protection at all. the italians should call it the FAIL-IGALE. a name suits the bike.

Reply to this Topic
postiepat

Jul 04

postiepat says:

yzm1

Maybe Hodgeson is biased, but try reading between the lines dummy!!! And when are some of you muppets going to learn that a Vtwin is never going to make the same power as a 4 cyl rocketship. At least Ducati give us an exciting (if not perfect for everyones taste) alternative to powerfull but (generally) boringly BLAND multi cyl. (mainly Japanese) machines. And how many of you muppets are going to ride on a track  to the skill level of N.H. and others. In the real world we're lucky to have the choice we have and few if any will ever get close to the limits of modern superbikes on the road. No doubt this will provoke some contributors on this forum to respond with a stream of 4 letter expletives, but do i give a F**K 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices