Skip to content

Discuss This All-new Indian Chief comes out of the shadows New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > All-new Indian Chief comes out of the shadows

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

All-new Indian Chief comes out of the shadows

This is the first look at the all-new, eagerly awaited Indian Chief, as developed by Victory owners Polaris and set, MCN can reveal, to be publicly unveiled at Sturgis this August. The silhouette picture and teaser video were released on Monday afternoon after months of speculation about the new bike, following Polaris' purchase of the historic Indian brand in 2011. The new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 May 2013 16:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Yet another over-priced retro-cruiser.

(And I even live within a 3-hour ride of where they are made.)

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I like Indian

and $19k is less than I thought for Polaris's "premium" brand for cruisers. Does also let them free up Victory to be the more progressive/innovative brand while Indian does the whole Heritage thing for sales.

If Victory are too new and metric cruisers are just "no", then a truer rival to the H-D empire might finally see some more active competition and development in this sector.

Reply to this Topic
vetoevo

Jul 03

vetoevo says:

What a brilliant video - good music too.

BUT!!! Why on earth would you show someone assembling your £18000 motorcycle with a HAMMER! (22 seconds into the video) Jesus! Do I want one now? No way Jose. I can't imagine Honda assembling a bike with a hammer. How on earth do the marketing guys keep their jobs there?

Reply to this Topic
Black955tiger

Jul 08

HOW MUCH?

Strewth!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

Well the music OUGHT to be good

Afterall most of its ripped off from Fleetwood Macs 1968 song 'Oh well'.

Whicn come to think about it is actually dead funny because the opening lyrics are 'Don't ask about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.  But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to'.

God I enjoy there great marketing moments.

Reply to this Topic
Patioclose

Jul 06

Patioclose says:

"If Victory are too new and metric cruisers are just "no", then a truer rival to the H-D empire might finally see some more active competition and development in this sector." What, even more overpriced overweight, gas-guzzling mobile road blocks? Nowt wrong with a hammer though, in the right hands!

Reply to this Topic
bigbro

Aug 02

bigbro says:

poor exchange rate

Amazing, $19,000 over there suddenly turns into £18,000 over here. How can they justify the extra £5,500

Reply to this Topic
Tony474

Aug 02

Tony474 says:

Bigbro asks:

"poor exchange rate

Amazing, $19,000 over there suddenly turns into £18,000 over here. How can they justify the extra £5,500?"

Simples. Shipping, import duty, VAT, greed, etc.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

No No No

It's all wrong, the bike is over priced the exchange rate is all wrong.

It doesn't say how big the engine is but by the looks of it, it's big meaning it will cost a fortune in fuel to run.

They would have been much better off simply using the name and producing electric motorcycles, at least then they would be up to date with what is going on in the world instead of harping back to some bygone age when motorcycles were slow lumpy oddities that vibrated like mad and were the for runner of the vibrator.

Who in their right mind would pay 19 grand for this type of bike in the UK when you can get something much nicer for a third of the price, or you could spend similar and get what is stated to be the best luxury car on two wheels made by Honda the gold wing.

No No No you won't sell many if any.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Fool Economy?

The new Indian engine has a displacement of 111 cubic inches (USian cruiser riders don't do metric, but about 1.82L). Fuel economy of similar bikes is typically 35-40 miles per gallon of gasoline (so 42-48 miles per gallon of petrol).

And this bike is not marketed to the mainstream UK rider, but straight at those who would only have considered Harley-Davidson otherwise. These buyers could care less about all motorcycle attributes other than styling (which has to resemble USian motorcycle trends from about 1935 to1965), surface finish quality, and exhaust sound.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices