Skip to content

Discuss This The new Indian Chief has been announced. Tempted? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > The new Indian Chief has been announced. Tempted?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

The new Indian Chief has been announced. Tempted?

Indian released a teaser image of their new Chief yesterday, ahead of the full unveiling in August.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:37)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Here was a chance for Indian

to move the game forward for American motorcycles, yet they bring out a Harley/Victory clone. In their day, Indian could be pretty innovative, yet with a clean sheet design brief they manage to produce something little different from everything else built in the USA, with the exception of Buell, who was too radical for Harley, and Motus, who have yet to really get off the ground.

I'm sure that the bikes will sell, especially in the USA, but whether they can put a serious dent in H-D sales is open to speculation.

I was hoping to see an attempt at something other than a low revving V Twin, bolted into a frame and bodywork that will probably tip the scales at over 380kg.

Triumph managed to produce some exciting, modern bikes while still paying homage to their past with bikes like the Daytona 675 and the Bonneville. Will Indian do the same?

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Polaris

Want the Indian brand for "heritage" sales, Victory is then free to be the innovative brand. But, Indian could always resurrect the 4...that'd be tempting.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

once again..

MCN are poking the hornets nest that is the the debate about cruisers. Each to their own, but I wouldn't buy one.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Too true Geoff

You'd never get "No its an over priced irrelevant race bike" as an option on a poll about the latest sportsbike to hit the shelves;MCN perpetuates the bias.

Reply to this Topic
Tigeravenger

Aug 12

Tigeravenger says:

Disgusting price

Polaris has quickly alienated thousands of potential British buyers by treating them like fools by offering the Indian Chief at the same price in pounds as it is in dollars in the US, $18.999 is only £12.444 .

Once again rip off Britain, excuses like import tax and VAT don't cut it, the US has very high taxes on purchases too.

So basically if your in the US you can have one of these no doubt great bikes for  £12.444 , if you in the UK it will cost you £18.999.

Polaris listen up , the British are not idiots and will not be treated as such.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

In their day, they only had HD for competition. Now there are countless alternatives. You are just paying for the name with this. For the same money you could have a Triumph Rocket 3 and a Bonneville. Not the same bike but a price comparison none the less.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Tigeravenger

From the times I have checked, it seems the bikes from about every manufacturer sell for similar numerical values in USD and GBP - blame Westminster, not Polaris.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Tiger

in fairness to Polaris, a lot of advertised prices in the US are before sales tax as this can vary widely from state to state.

Reply to this Topic
KiwiMorgan

Nov 12

KiwiMorgan says:

Nice engine

I wouldn't buy it but I have to say they've done a great job styling the motor, especially compared to Polaris' other cruiser brand Victory.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices