Skip to content

Discuss This BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

BT has signed a five-year deal to exclusively show MotoGP live in the UK from 2014. How will this affect you?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

roofusruffcut

What is the principle ?   The principle or lack of...  is taking something which was free and remarketing it as a chargeable commodity unless you subscribe to the provider (BT). At best it's 'doubtful practice' and at worst it's 'blackmail'

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Brittney spears

could have done the BBC commentary I wouldn't have given a flying f@ck. I could watch it for free and if I missed it I could watch it in bed on the tablet on Iplayer FOR FREE. Now if I want to carry on being a fan then I will feel like BT and Dorna have a gun to my head as you will pay us for your pleasure. Bollocks to them. Good luck if you have BT internet and can watch it, double bully for you, but as you can see by the reaction we are not happy and by most of the comments it is not because we cant afford it.Its a stab in the back to us the fans. If this happened in Spain there would be riots and a second civil war.

Reply to this Topic
vanortset

May 09

vanortset says:

motogp

who cares what tv station they put motogp on,the whole thing is just like f1 a total bore.

Reply to this Topic
vanortset

May 09

vanortset says:

motogp

who cares what tv station they put motogp on,the whole thing is just like f1 a total bore.

Reply to this Topic
vfrtork

Apr 08

vfrtork says:

Motogp and BT Sport

Probably the single biggest mistake that Dorna has ever made. The BBC decision was bad enough but to destroy at a stroke the UK fans ability to watch Motogp for free is suicide. If the comment attributed to Jake Humphrey that 'the standard has been set by F1 coverage. If we don't match that we're not doing our job'. Well, F1 coverage is terrible and should be on the money programme. It certainly has nothing to do with sport. Motogp is not F1, thankfully! If BT are trying to blackmail the fans into buying BT broadband then in my opinion it will backfire on them. Not only would I never buy BT broadband but I will not pay £12 per month on top of my Sky subscription and I will stop using BT as my telephone landline supplier. I will stick with WSB and BSB and read MCN for all matters relating to Motogp. Just goes to show what greed does to people and organisations. Toby Moody and Julian Ryder, plus technical input from Neil Spalding are the best commentary team on bike racing. If they are not involved it will be a black day for OUR Sport. Without the fans Motogp will fall into decline. With all due respect to Jake Humphrey, he does not understand Motorcycle racing, and as for a BBC sized pit walking team? That's a joke. Too much talking and not enough action, that's one of the reasons F1 is such a bore. 

Regards one very annoyed soon to be ex MotoGP fan.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

What a load of tosh vfrtork,Sky have transformed F1,I'm no car racing fan,but jeez they have done a fantastic job,you even got all the preseason testing from Barcelona,even when watching was left thinking why can't some one do the same with Moto GP.

I don't want it left on the BBC and if theirs something more important see it put on the red button as some after thought,seems the majority on here have a priority and thats having it for free and if they can't they won't watch,some kind of hard core fan that is,well in actual fact their not are they.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Good, hopefully it'll get shot of that gabbling Aussie prat !.

Reply to this Topic
cav25v6

May 13

cav25v6 says:

motogp

i for one will not be paying more than i'm paying now...got full sky package and not coughing up anymore...it's a disgrace us having to pay another £12 to watch motogp...let's hope there's a good stream on the pc other wise no gp for me.....gutted...

Reply to this Topic
jamandy27

May 13

jamandy27 says:

moto gp

think its bloody disguisting wot we pay out tv licence for, thats all they got is golf and tennis and wot biker wants to watch that crap,

Reply to this Topic
YZF750RR

Sep 09

YZF750RR says:

Long game

Hi all, well, this is new to all. I have sky+ and watch and record MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 on EurosportHD. The loss of Randy Momola was a blow, the loss of Jules, Toby and Spalders is the worst issue now. It makes me want to move country. However, this will not happen until 2014, so plenty of time to retract or for Eurosport to take a feed from BT and for us to kick off with 38degrees and get a massive number of users (up to 500,000 in a month is usual) to encourage Eurosport to take a fed from BT. So, we don't have to subscribe to BT when money is so tight.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices