Skip to content

Discuss This BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

BT has signed a five-year deal to exclusively show MotoGP live in the UK from 2014. How will this affect you?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Just had a look how well the ipetition is going to keep motogp on eurosport,44 signatures only is a bit sad

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

They can stick it, what do they think people are rolling in money and can just shell out another X amount a month to watch something that's always been free, by all means charge for the live viewing but to pull the plug on re runs is well...... I won't say the word! All the years Ive watched it and now this I feel cheesed right off, what's worse is I often watch it out and about so now will need to make plans on where I will be, tbh there is NO WAY I'm paying BT for the MGP! Next will be WSB and then prob BSB... Dear BT Sports, why should I pay a premium for ALL the sports when all I wish to watch is the bike racing! Please feel free to stick your channel where the sun don't shine. BT Broadband, and BT phone line etc... TOTAL RIP OFF, CRAP SERVICE, POOR SUPPORT, RUBBISH!

Reply to this Topic
vfrtork

Apr 08

vfrtork says:

Motogp and Bt sport

I'll repeat, F1 is not MotoGP. You are entitled to your view winger, so please don't slag off other peoples comments. I am a biker and am not into cars as a sport and only airing my views, as no doubt you have in previous messages.

Reply to this Topic
twanger59

Oct 11

twanger59 says:

Moto GP

I wont be watching the sport that i love anymore , being a pensioner i cant afford to pay to view , even if i could,  the broadband speed in our village  is that slow, it keeps stopping on ITV player etc , its all about greed, and stuff the general public , i used to like watching the top names in boxing ,but they are pay to view , i hope nobody watches it and the greedy basterds loose all their money ,Ron

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

vfrtork

Take you head out of the sand!!!,I've no interest in cars either,but having seen what is going on with SKY and F1 I want the same for Moto GP,people seem to be stuck in some kind of time warp,there's no such thing as a free lunch, time has moved on.

Reply to this Topic
gilmour2

Nov 06

gilmour2 says:

BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

For the first time since Rainey, Gardener and Schwantz, I won't be watching MotoGp. Thanks you Muppets DORNA and BT. I hope your around as long as the DODO , even better the oozlum bird. Didn't that disappear up its own. Bring back Euro sport coverage, and get Randy Mamola with it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chris Kam

Feb 08

Chris Kam says:

Stick to your guns!

I doubt this thread/survey will have any effect on this ridiculous decision, it’s a done deal and I don’t think it has been thought through to conclusion by Dorna or BT. the proof will be in the pudding at the end of the 2014 season.

At the moment, the survey stands at 63% that will not be watching in 2014. When BT get the sole viewing rights and if that 63% stick to their guns, the viewing figures and interest levels for Moto GP in the UK will hit an all-time low. If this happens in 2015 Dorna and BT will seriously have to rethink their strategy and launch a rebranding of the sport. In effect they will be forced to make it more accessible to the masses (as it should be) or face Moto GP's extinction.

Don’t get me wrong I have been watching Moto GP since the mid 80's and when I first heard about this, although we had just changed from BT to Sky broadband (because the poor service we received from BT) my initial reaction was:

"Sod it I’ll pay the extra £15 a month, because I refuse to miss it"

But after seeing this strong response, I am now thinking "why the F**k should we?" We are already paying about £60 a month for the full sky package, and I can still get my fix from BSB and WSBK on Eurosport!

So my message is if we all do as we have voted and boycott Moto GP in 2014, I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be back in 2015! Or just another thought……..We all start a petition to get DORNA out of the sport full stop, they are slowly killing GP and it is only a matter of time before they take a pair of pliars and a blow torch to WSBK!

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Just come to look for when the practise is on from Le-Mans today,well suprise suprise it ain't on!!!! it's Tennis!!!,ship Moody and Ryder over to BT and lets get some coverage and priorities right.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Check out viewing figures in this weeks mcn. BBC 1.7 million viewers . BT 163,000 how does that constitute more viewers that's about 80 odd percent drop . F..k bt ill watch through Moto gp . Com

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Just watched

free practise 2 on the BBC sport website for nothing all classes for free, naida, nowt , gratis. Next year I will not.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices