Skip to content

Discuss This Worst biking fashion mistake? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Worst biking fashion mistake?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Worst biking fashion mistake?

There are plenty of questionable biking fashions, but which is the worst?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 340 days ago (14 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doctortongue

Jan 09

doctortongue says:

those whose helmets, leathers and boots that match the colour of their bike. Not cool at all, in fact you look like a bunch of clowns

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Oh no....

I don't see my bike as a catwalk.  I wear what suits the weather and the journey ahead. Hoody over leathers is a great way to stay warm.  Jeans in boots is a great way to stop 'em snagging on my bike.  Substance over style in my opinion.

The only people I shake my head at are the people in shorts and t-shirt with no gloves screaming around at speed limit +20.

Reply to this Topic
WindyMiller75

Sep 11

white

pristine white one piece leathers, white boots, white helmet.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

jeans in boots look rubbish plus if it rains water gets in to your boot.

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

who gives a hoot about looks? if i want sliders and to be warm, i'll zip my goretex onto my leathers happily.....

Reply to this Topic
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

i wasn't aware biking gear was "a fashion", surely biking gear should all be about practicality & fit for purpose, if you're comfortable with it & it protects you from, the elements, road rash & flying bugs then go with it, each to their own is what i say & i certainly wouldn't look down on another biker for wearing matching gear with the pillion or a pair of sticky on ears on their helmet, biking is all about individuality, we all add bits or remove bits from the bike to make them individual & different from the rest so why shouldn't we extend this to our riding gear too.

I will however agree with a previous post & say that anyone who rides on two wheels in trainers, t shirt & shorts is a raving dick head & should be taken off the road!!!

Reply to this Topic
scorpion1963

Jun 06

scorpion1963 says:

By using 'fashion' you've metrosexualised us.  You meant 'what looks naff'.  There are two answers.  Jeans in boots; riding around looking like a fluorescent marker pen.

No problem in pootling about town in shorts etc, if that flicks your switch.  Agreed at high speed there's some justification in saying any damage you sustain was partly self-contributory (not to excuse the SMIDSY driver though).

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Ewan-and-Charlie suits

Yes, I get that they're actually super-awesome gear, but it's like they get handed out as uniforms with every new GS bike. Word to the wise, they makes you look like a wannabe fantasist tooling around on a road-tyred "adventure" bike that's never seen anything more "off road" than that roundabout outside Waitrose where the markings have worn away.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Oh dear, Rogerborg,

you're at it again, spouting off about GS owners. Did one shag you when you were a wee boy?

Yes, the BMW gear is excellent, and no, I wouldn't be seen dead wearing it, at least not on my BMW. Neither would I wear Triumph gear on a Triumph, etc.

But why don't you criticize the Fireblade owners with the Repsol replica paint job, and the Danny Pedrosa replica leathers and no marks on their knee sliders? Or the Lucky Strike Suzuki owners? They are just as much wannabes as your Ewan and Charley wannabes.

Or take any replica helmet design, be it Rossi, Lorenzo, Crutchlow or whoever. Are they all wannabes too?

Or do they, perhaps, just appreciate the design and artwork?

I'm probably like you, a bit non-descript, no logos, grey and black, thank you very much.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Not wearing proper gear.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle