Skip to content

Discuss This Worst biking fashion mistake? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Worst biking fashion mistake?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Worst biking fashion mistake?

There are plenty of questionable biking fashions, but which is the worst?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

Tassels and conchos

Live to ride badges on a low mileage bike.

Anything with sons of anarchy on it.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

sunglasses!!!

Wasn't aware sunnies and a standard visor was a fashion fo par, thought it just helped me see

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Another uneducated  article by M.C.N. ? . Bikers yet they don"t know coloured visors cannot be worn at all times , and many outfits are now part leather - part textile ,we don"t all wear skintight leathers while doing 300 miles in all weathers ? . But you see that many styles and outfits while out & about on nice Sundays at least you get a smile from them , but  shorts and  trainers without gloves certainly a no - no  ! . And the writer has fell for a schoolboy mistake - the  Mohicans had "long " hair , I think he  meant " Mohawk " ?  hasn"t he seen the film , Last of the Mohicans  ? . Like most have said -we are bikers [motorcyclists] not  George Clooney , Arnie , David Beckham or  other posers not  in their  Yank tanks .

Reply to this Topic
cousinbillybob

Jan 13

Wearing white/grey camouflage style jacket and/or trousers... You look a right tit.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

Worst look...?

Surrounding yourself in metal, plastic and glass whilst holding a round wheely thing....other than that it's all OK by me!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

MudDoctor, Power Ranger suits had already been done when I mentioned GS uniforms

Now, shouldn't you be off Finding Yourself on a tarmac tour of the Carpathians?

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

By far the worst...

...is wearing garish leathers, and walking away from the bike. Get 20 metres from your race bolide and your stylish accoutrements that show everyone you're fit for the racetrack turn into gayboy buttbandit party garb fit only for bear baiting; your snug-fitting onbike clothing tailored for the racing crouch now makes you look like you've packed your pants through the the obligatory `elephant crutch syndrome`, with the requirement to walk like a neanderthal in a semi crouch only accentuating the look. Non bikers have asked me, gesticulating in the general direction of a one-piece leatherclad weekend warrior away from his steed: "Does he have a medical condition..?"

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Rogerborg, I found myself years ago,

on an off road tour of the Pyrenees, on an Africa Twin, long before Ewan and Charley even knew each other.

However, a tarmac tour of the Carpathians sounds nice, thanks for the suggestion. It does have some interesting off road sections too, so I might take them in too. I know it's a bit of a risk without wearing the full BMW gear, but I'll chance it.

Reply to this Topic
WindyMiller75

Sep 11

caring

Worst fashion mistake, in my opinion, is to obviously care about how you look, e.g. full branded matching kit, lairy power ranger suit, without any sense of personal style.

Having said that, if you want to wear all the BMW gear while riding your BMW bike to the corner shop and back, or if you want to look like a power ranger, that's up to you. I might disagree with your choices, I might snigger a bit (at a respectful distance), but you can feel free to have your own opinions about my choice of bike and clothing. I'll still nod.

Then we can all get on an internet forum and insult each other like grown ups.

Riding in shorts / t-shit / flip-flops / no gloves is more about a low IQ than fashion.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

Biking is here. Fashion is here. There is no connection. A real biker does what he or she wants, and they wear what they want. Phooey to fashion!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices