Skip to content

Discuss This Worst biking fashion mistake? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Worst biking fashion mistake?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Worst biking fashion mistake?

There are plenty of questionable biking fashions, but which is the worst?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Bike Fashion

A Divers Helmet?

I always ride in a pith helmet,spats and a truss in summer........

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Not me!

I am without doubt the coolest clad biker in the northern hemisphere, my 60s black leather look, Davida helmet, shades and submariners socks are beyond compare lol ;-)

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Wasting bandwidth!

Another stoopid poll . . . but here goes, Turning up at any biking venue in a car, wearing leathers and carrying a lid!!! Heard this a couple of times, sad.

Reply to this Topic
rjbuxton

Jul 12

rjbuxton says:

Faux pas

Turning up at a V-Twin rally on a UJM. People want to see the bike, not you, so stop showing off how much money you have, and have the decency to get the damned thing out of the garage next time.

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

MudDoctor

I'll have you know, my tiara is from the "society ball' range by Shoei. It cost a fortune and has been certified to remain looking fabulous in even the most serious accidents.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

billysollocks

Yellow Honda Melody with matching basket?  It was not nice to steal snev's bike.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Meatbingo, the DSA class denims as protective gear

On the list of suitable clothing for sitting your test - the chumps are just making a stick for the HSE to beat them with. And there are plenty of bikers who happily ride in denims while sniffing at others for wearing trackies or shorts. There's essentially no difference.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Why, yes I do.

I wear jeans tucked into my SiDi Cobra boots - makes it easier to put on my Aerostich Roadcrafter (Hi-Viz yellow with gray ballistic panels) suit than if the jeans are over the boots.

I wear photo-chromatic prescription glasses behind a clear visor, as the combination works in all lighting conditions, so I do not have to faff about carrying an extra visor and changing them out at dawn/dusk.

A snowmobile suit or insulated Carhartt overalls and jacket over a leather track suit is great for winter riding on the Yamaha TW200 (itself a fashion mistake, eh?).

Stick on ears are great - Harley-Davidson dudes check me out thinking I am a girl, then get embarrassed when I take my lid off. :)

Reply to this Topic
talkToTheHat

Feb 13

talkToTheHat says:

Race replica helmet, textile jacket and trousers, huge topbox and/or dayglo panniers on a 20 year old cruiser. Also known as the too busy riding to care look...

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

armoured denim jeans look good but wont do any thing for you if you slid down the road.  i looked at a set and they were just a set of jeans fitted with knee and hip armour.  so dragging jeans all the way.

i dont care about leathers as i wear taxtiles to keep warm and dry. my leather jacket will get used a hand full of times this years if its warm and dry. 

i never wear hi- vis green stuff on my bike as it look shit plus if they dont see my big white bmw they wont see a small green jacket.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices