Skip to content

SUZUKI Staff blog: Blinded by handlebar muffs BURGMAN 650

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > BURGMAN 650 > Staff blog: Blinded by handlebar muffs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Staff blog: Blinded by handlebar muffs

In this week’s paper I report how the heated grips on the Suzuki Burgman 650 could be warmer. Just about every journalist on the launch in Scotland seemed to agree on the point. Some said they seemed to work intermittently.  Others questioned whether they worked at all. Suzuki scratched their heads and said they’d look into it. On the ride...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:55)

Post a message in BURGMAN 650

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

Why ride a two wheel vehicle in the cold & then moan about cold hands, especially when wearing summer gloves, if you want warm hands either wear appropriate gloves or go in the car.

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

Man-up. It’s May

Reply to this Topic
NoddieGee

Jan 13

NoddieGee says:

MUFFS!

Cant blame you mate ... I'd be blinded by one muff let alone two!

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Maybe...

Change the mirrors...?

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Muffs

Fitted some muffs and found that the muffs pushed the front brake lever at speeds  above 80 mph , so had to keep my fingers straight to stop the muff pushing on the brake lever.

solved the problem by cutting a hole in the end of the muff so the bar end could go through and this seemed to stabilise the muff.  Can ride in cold weather with heated grips and summer gloves.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Rear view

Paul Hood of the Mirror reported Bagster muffs fitted to the older model are slim enough not to cause this problem.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

man up.....

Ditch this poofter cack and get a real bike.

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

You don't need muffs.

traillie style hand protectors like I had on my TDM keep off the wind blast and that's what sucks the heat from your pinkies. Muffs are for girls, children and namby-pamby nancy boys.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

muffs'n'mirrors

Jeez, what awful mirrors! I think I'd try to ditch the mirrors and keep the muffs!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Get the right tool for the job then

Decent heated grips will only ever warm the inside of your hands but its the outside of the hand that gets the cold. They also make for thicker grips which can induce hand cramp.

Bar muffs can help very slightly but they also obscure the controls slightly and can apply pressure to levers whilst riding at speed.

Staggeringly, infinitely, stupendously better are heated gloves which have the heating elements on the back of your hands and also on the ends of fingertips. The stop the cold getting to your hands in the first place and don't require thicker hand cramp inducing grips. They're quite simply a much better option than heated grips.

Do yourself a favour and if you're riding in cold weather invest in some heated gloves. If you ride in cold weather then heated gloves are one of the greatest safety devices you'll EVER invest in. With cold hands you'll be pre-occupied about the pain in you hands and your hand movements will be slower and less co-ordinated. With heated grips then its almost like riding on a hot sunny day (well at least for your hands).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices