Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss calls on Race Direction to hold Marquez talks MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss calls on Race Direction to hold Marquez talks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss calls on Race Direction to hold Marquez talks

Yamaha boss Massimo Meregalli believes MotoGP’s Race Direction should speak to world championship leader Marc Marquez about his riding tactics following the recent controversial Jerez race. But Meregalli doesn’t want the four-member Race Direction to speak to the Repsol Honda rider about his aggressive move on reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo at the last corner of the Spanish Grand Prix. Marquez seized...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 11:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Yeah but Noddy, it's this two-year offer that he turned-down that baffles me - his one-year deal puts him completely out of synch with the the contracts of everyone except Spies and Hayden. Hayden will get another season in the factory team which leaves just Pramac Ducati - sort of a factory team by all accounts, like Tech3. But is it a step-up? Could/can Cal even ride a Ducati? He's only ever ridden sweet-handling Yamaha's.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Owain

Who can see what the futer holds.Certainly his affairs could have beeen handled better,who would ye balme for that the rider or the manager.Is Bradl out of contract this year? I hope Scott hand Espagaro it all year and proves the Spanish myth wrong. Anyway it's gonna take a Brit on a good bike this year for me to sign upto BT,I can suffer WSB and BSB not realy botherd about watching 4 spanish riders and the occasional Italian racing with 20-40 mtr gaps between them.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Thank God for WSB

Yes, Yamaha. Lets get this done. All outbreaking moves to be banned. No contact. Relegate MotoGP to a Spanish procession where are actually three, not very interesting, races going on at once: Factory Yam/Hon, Ducati factory/satellite and CRTs.

Sooner it's done, sooner we get back to WSB where the lads don't cry and real racing is the norm. Hey, we might even get 46 in a year or two. Thanks you WSB for keeping bike racing real and exciting

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

wrong forum...by any chance

i must say i thought this article was about MM, well i suppose it helps the english bashing brigade if they can get onto any article and bash an englishman.  oh by the way... didn't cal win on a honda in a certain domestic series and also rode for rizla suzuki by any chance?

back to the subject in hand...motogp has lost it's edge we all know that, not even MM can save what is a boring series of races including Moto2 and he MM did nothing wrong last week apart from give it his all.

after watching WSS and WSB this weekend i have to say this race series is the one to watch, even though my hero and fellow ulsterman jonny rae had a torrid time aboard the honda at Monza, let's hope he get's some new machinery soon.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Your right about the future Noddy, but Bradl's on a two-year deal. Maybe he's hoping for a factory Suzuki? Even so, it's hardly likely to be as good as his current Tech3 ...... Jonnyrocket - you're on the wrong forum if you're looking to talk superbikes ....... aye.

Reply to this Topic
stusledge

Aug 05

stusledge says:

Jesus Christ this is racing not F1!

Its already getting to the point where I begin to nod off, They need a bit of input from BSB & WSB, Thats racing!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Bt are praying for closer racing so they will break 150'000 viewers when the show their first race next year of the all Spanish moto gp season.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

its racing and lorenzo himself has said he left the door open to much for marquez.if lorenzo closed the door marquez couldnt attempt a pass.lorenzo should have known marquez would make a pass and marquez was visible to lorenzo when he turned in.its racing its exciting if you stop people from trying to overtake then they might aswell make it a time trial series.plus lorenzo was making the same kind of moves on people when he was 20 its the same old faggots moaning again.every exciting rider that comes up and tries to finish as high as he possibly can sic came in was exciting and was criticised for doing his job and now already its the same with marquez.no wonder motogp is a bore fest.it says alot wen the last good exciting race start to finish was laguna with rossi and stoner.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Le Mans Pre-Race Riders Briefing ...

... Laverty described it on Twitter as 'interesting' - an understatement. Lorenzo launched into a 30 minute tirade against Marquez and Race Direction and then stormed out of the meeting. Marquez just smiled and said nothing. Jorge's rattled.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Boiling Point

So the ever-so professional JL breaks down and cries...

The new rules implemented by Race Direction are not seen to be necessary at this time.
Capirex doesnt give a *** (because Vale isnt involved) and Yamaha are going to be exposed as the second class manufacturer they truely are.

I foresee fireworks in the French rain - with MM and JL handbags at 250kph

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices