Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda CB1300 suspension settings Suspension

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > Honda CB1300 suspension settings

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fabCB

Mar 10

fabCB says:

Honda CB1300 suspension settings

Need some advise on which is the best suspension settings for a CB1300 to improve the handling! anyone help ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 21:25)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

set-up

Bit difficult, this one... what's good for one rider ain't always good for another. Me? I prefer my suspension very firm, you or someone else may not. Standard suspension like yours won't have vast amounts of adjustability, so you won't be able to drift too far away from the original settings anyway, though a little trial and error may improve the feel of your bike. That's assuming it's not knackered or due a service... Are your tyres good too?... and at pressures you prefer?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Suspension settings

As fogie stated, the best suspension setup is the one that's right for you.  There are lots of very good suspension set-up guides on the internet that will help.  The first step is to go back to your bikes standard settings and then set the static sag for your weight.  That is your base line and any damping adjustments can then be made to suit.  

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

My CB1300 had...

a problem with the front diving too much under braking so I upped the preload and comp damping which made it jackhammer on roads with a series of bumps.Not good.Had progressive springs fitted and fork oil changed(can't remember make of springs or weight of oil will have a think and post).Could back off preload and comp damping. Made a lot of difference,also wound up rear preload to raise the rear and put more weight on the front.Roadsmart tyres finished the job.Really improved the handling,still a big lump to chuck around but handling was much,much better than standard.   

Reply to this Topic
jsparksmail

Apr 05

jsparksmail says:

CB 1300 suspension

Cheap fix is to bump the rear preload up a couple of notches and sit closer to the tank.  More weight on the front.

However, the original springs are (I've read somewhere) progressive anyway but the first part of their action is too weak hence the diving on the brakes.

Apparently replacing them with single rate springs helps a lot.  See:

http://www.promecha.com.au/suspended_animation.htm

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

spend some

money on decent suspension kais in manchester could fix it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale