Skip to content

DUCATI Ultimate Superbikes 1st place: Ducati 1199R Panigale 1199 PANIGALE R

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE R > Ultimate Superbikes 1st place: Ducati 1199R Panigale

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ultimate Superbikes 1st place: Ducati 1199R Panigale

Lap time: 1:46.7Top speed at end of straight: 164.01mphMax braking (g): 1.19Max lean: 50.94 Why it’s so specialDucati built this homologation special for World Superbike racing. It shares the same Marchesini wheels, Ohlins electronically-adjustable suspension and Brembo monoblocs as the S model and the power and torque is the same, too. But the R has new titanium conrods, giving the Superquadro engine...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 338 days ago (15 May 2013 11:47)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mortalc01l

Feb 11

Mortalc01l says:

So, let's get this straight. The Ducati used in this test, was set up by the Ducati factory specifically for this track; it had it's geometry altered by using a specific pivot point to gain grip, etc. and the other Bikes in the test were just ridden straight out of the box? The article on the BMW states it wasn't set up using the optional pivots and was left stock. How does the Panigale win this test? If the other Bikes were tuned and set up by their respective factories and had been able to use THEIR adjustable features and so forth, would there have been a different result? I'm pretty sure there would have been. Hodgson seems to have plenty of complaints about the Panigale, yet it still won? Something's fishy here; I mean look at his comments on the BMW, he seems to love it and had almost zero complaints about it.. meanwhile he says the Ducati needs more bottom end and,that you have to "ride the sh1t" out of it to make it work. The article does indeed point out that the Ducati had a "big head start already" so why allow Ducati to alter the Bike at all? Why not leave the Ducati "out of the box" like the other Bikes to keep the playing field level? Not impressed by this article and it smacks of being slanted to let the Ducati win; if it wasn't, then do the whole test again with all Bikes either "out of the box" or allow each individual factory to tweak whatever they want to on the Bike to get it working optimally and THEN test them all.... Allowing one manufacturer to use a ringer is not cool and not what I would consider "professional".

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Damn that bike is sexy. I'd like to cuddle with one of those Marchesini wheels. The BMW is quite a bike too, but the Panigale and MV are winning gold on the sexiness chart, followed shortly by the RSV4.

And to me that's all that matters (looks) cause all these bikes offer great performance and handling, only 1% of customers will actually use them to their full potential on a track anyways (where gaining 1 sec a lap is huge). For the rest of the 99% mear mortals, their bikes will probably be used at 85% of what they can actually do, at best.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

funny

So................

BMW = 1st

Aprilia= 2nd

Mv= 3rd

Failigale= 4th

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Verry pretty bike, that heat sheild around 1 of the Exhaust pipes is the only thing wrong with it. Then again, if it saves your right leg from burns. I guess it's worth it? If Ducati would make an 848 version in white, i might well have to get a paper round to do before my regular job. I know it's jus't rumors but word is a Yamaha crosplane triple R1 1100 and a V4 Honda Superbike are on the way. In other words, the Japs know they need something 1 of a kind. Hopefuly Kawasaki sticks to inline screamers. Eventually it might be something only Kawasaki does. And it would be unique:-)

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

It would'nt surprize me if it's faster around any track with a mild steel trellis frame.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

So wrong, everyone knows the Honda CBR 1000 can easily beat it around any track, Ducati just suck. In fact on the track days on Motorcycle USA, this bike came one of the last....

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Fair Comparison?

So the BMW S1000RR HP4 is handicapped by not having the suspension spacer and slick tire chip (which would be available to anyone using it for track days or racing), while the Ducati 1199R is a special manufacturer set-up ringer for this particular track. <sarcasm> Sounds like a fair comparison to me. </sarcasm>

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

JustBe

Yes, for most people, the best choice for a track day superbike would be the Honda CBR1000RR.  Lacks the bells and whistles, but it seems it has the best fundamental engineering (no surprise there - Honda has won sixty-three (63) FIM World Manufacturer's Championship, after all).

The MotoUSA test you referenced.
www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/13481/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Superbike-Smackdown-IX-Track.aspx

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Is it just me or do those pirelli sticker look like crap?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle