Skip to content

DUCATI What's new on the Ducati Hyperstrada? HYPERSTRADA 821

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > HYPERSTRADA 821 > What's new on the Ducati Hyperstrada?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

What's new on the Ducati Hyperstrada?

The paint's barely dry on the new 821cc Hypermotard, but Ducati has already created a touring version. With its panniers, centrestand and tall screen, here's what makes the Hyperstrada different to the Hypermotard. ElectronicsLike the Hypermotard, there’s an eight-stage traction control system and three riding modes: Sport, Touring and Urban. Sport and Touring give you full power, but have differing levels...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 May 2013 17:22)

Post a message in HYPERSTRADA 821

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

So is it SMT990 or Hyperstrada

Oh heck , I`m starting to look outside the sports bike box and these 2 got me thinking .Is that 800 cc engine enough to zip over the channel or is the KTM no refinded enough ?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Hyperstrada

Checked one out and really disappointed. I'll wait for a Multistrada version.

Reply to this Topic
vicomtedelomagne

May 13

990 SMT

Not for long journeys. Wind blast unacceptable, and engineering will cause problems.

Reply to this Topic
vicomtedelomagne

May 13

990 SMT

Not for long journeys. Wind blast unacceptable, and engineering will cause problems.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ducati have already done a touring version of the Hypermotard

It was the original Multistrada. If you check the tech specs, its the same frame and motor. The wheelbase on the Multi was a smidgen longer (presumably for better stability) and the suspension travel was slightly shorter (smoother ride) other than that you had a decent seat to sit on, a 20 litre fuel tank, a bit of fairing to hide behind and the ability to fit a pair of decent sized panniers. The original Multi's problem was that it was before its time.

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

choices

as you say i thnk there are too many choices out there and they are very close. only you can decide.

Reply to this Topic
pmeiss

Jan 12

pmeiss says:

Fishing for compliments

MCN will run any story on BMW or Ducati... Ducati changes a fuse, and there will be a two page spread on Ducati fuses... Same for BMW... These bikes are over priced and underwhelming...

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Agree with these suggestions

I ride an SMT right now and the Hyperstada isn't even close  - the KTM is superior in every aspect, certainly on paper and I'd be surprised if anyone rides the two back to back & thought different.

I had a Mk1 Multistrada before the KTM and that was also an excellent bike, quite possibly better than the Hyperstada.  I haven't ridden the Hyperstrada yet but so far it looks like a farkled-up turd. 

Reply to this Topic
lrobbo

May 13

lrobbo says:

Fits my requirements

I've been looking for a middle weight bike that will be great fun on a short, fast blast on a Sunday morning whilst also being comfortable for a long weekend in Europe with a pillion. I don't want anything bigger than a 1000cc, but do want it to be a fun, great looking bike. I feel a test ride coming on :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices