Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sorrymate.com - good or bad idea? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Sorrymate.com - good or bad idea?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Raebot00

May 13

Raebot00 says:

Sorrymate.com - good or bad idea?

Hi all,

Last friday I was involved in an accident where I was cut up pretty badly and ended up hitting the dirt at 30 mph. The third party checked to see if I was alive before driving off.

I'm insured with MCE, but only 3rd party, fire and theft. Without the third party's details, it's unlikely my little trashed NC29 is going to get repaired as I'm only covered for personal injury. The police, as expected are being as useful as ever and dragging their heels despite possible CCTV footage from a bus and a street camera.

I contacted sorrymate.com out of interest and got a call back within a few hours. They seem to know what they are talking about but I'm not sure if it's just a sales pitch as I'm rather desperate. They talked me through an application to the Motor Insurance Bureau, etc which is what I'm looking at anyway with the 3rd party driving off.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

I'm not sure whether to cancel my contract with MCE's solicitors and use them, or sit tight and hope for the best.

Help!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 May 2013 13:05)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Personally

I'd recommend White Dalton. I've heard very good things about BikeLawyer as well though.

Can't comment on sorrymate.com but independent solicitor advice is often far more beneficial than using your own insurers, I've found!

Reply to this Topic
Raebot00

May 13

Raebot00 says:

:)

Thanks Zanderh

I'm starting to feel very wary... apparently CCTV footage gets destroyed within 7 days in London, and Arriva told me that I can't access it, the police or insurers have to request it, the insurers keen ignoring what I'm saying and asking if I have 3rd party details yet and the police told me that out of all the bus companies, Arriva only give out CCTV footage if the the accident is fatal.

I just don't know what to think anymore, I just want to get things rolling so we can fix the bike.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi

Contact BikeLawyer it will cost you nothing they are good I have used them myself, you do not have to use the insurance appointed legal team.

BikeLawyer is also known on here as ACIC and is the MCN legal expert.

I believe that all at White Dalton are all bikers, not dealt with them so cannot comment.

Call one of them.

Reply to this Topic
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

MIB accident claim

Dear Raebot00

Sorry to hear about your accident. Feel free to give me a call to discuss. Kind regards
Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer Motorcycle Accident Solicitors
MCN Legal Expert and MCN Law columnist
andrew@bikelawyer.co.uk
Tel 01446 794169
www.bikelawyer.co.uk

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle