Skip to content

Discuss This Why Marc Marquez wasn’t punished in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Why Marc Marquez wasn’t punished in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Why Marc Marquez wasn’t punished in Jerez

The controversy surrounding Marc Marquez’s last gasp overtake on Jorge Lorenzo in Jerez earlier this month rumbled on in Le Mans today.In the pre-event press conference for this weekend’s French Grand Prix, the final corner in Jerez was a hot topic of discussion after an earlier behind-closed-doors briefing featured the entire MotoGP grid and race officials.Repsol Honda rider Marquez escaped...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 May 2013 17:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

what are you on about my welsh prince?

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Sorry Weskit. My mistake - wrong thread. Good stuff - Please carry on Sir.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

I Bet

Who are all these people here who cannot understand how Lorenzo is upset and are calling him all manner of unwarranted slander.

Are they all saying that if anyone on a track day or on the road, did to them what Marquez did to Lorenzo they would find them in the pits or up the road and shake hands, have a beer and swap riding stories. Yeah right.

There would be plenty of fights or worse. Look to your own selves before you condemn racers who put their careers, lives and million Euro machines at risk for your viewing pleasure.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Because

He is Spanish simple as if cal or nicky or bradl did anything similar they'd get the full worx.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oh I wish......

you bunch of poofs were on track when I was racing. Would make for very easy results indeed. This is just rancid media hype because the gyro bikes have made racing quite dull sometimes. They got all the racers opinions afterwards and I seem to recall an overwhelming majority called it a last lap pass, no foul. Jorge will stay annoyed but mostly, as he stated, with himself for allowing it to happen. Besides Lorenzo turned into MM.

MM - trial by forum, judge and jury made up of a bunch of "never ridden a racing machine", never "competitively raced" and Nostro, the court room attendant who after being abused by the yellow thonged Oompah Loompah's never regained conciousness let alone any rational thought. Sad face  ....  :(

Finally, the SSTK 1000's have provided great viewing but if anyone wonders how those guys would fare on a GP machine, well the fall from grace would be a big one. Big bendy proddie bikes provide exciting racing because the mere mortals riding them make lots of mistakes  and are very inconsistent compared to Moto GP riders as well as the bikes are fairly refined big fat wobblers. GP bikes are ridden to an incredibly finite limit.

Ciao (deluded) Mama's

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Youth...

He was not punished because he is young. He was not punished because it was great for the spectators. He was not punished because Lorenzo left the door open to a kid on a full factory Honda. So he ... was not punished. Mystery solved.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

What the

Aussie bloke said. LOL

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

DURR

Bleeding obvious,`cos if they`d banned him,or what-ever,then Rossi would hav`to be banned for life!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

willie

:lol: loris never raced?? you retard, and how would you exactly know what a gp machine of this years caliber would be like to ride eh?, serious horse baba im smelling here.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

fogno1

If I am a retard then...............??? I wrote "trial by forum" meaning this "forum". Not the Moto GP Race Directors who I believe made the right decision (you didn't seem to be able to work that out) and btw I think it is great that a hard core and quite controversial proper racer like Loris is on the panel. Here here! As for you.... well I think you may want to stick to your beloved SBK and don't bother commenting on race action from the "Premier Class". It bores you so why bother? Wobble wobble wobble........ haha haaa!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices